Spec my wife a small car please.

Man of Honour
"I can park easily, see all four corners and not struggle to get in and out of"

Should be able to get something with 360 parking cameras and sensors in that budget, they make life so much easier. I'd lean towards Nissan actually for those requirements potentially even the Juke *puke*. Though IMO the newer Micras feel like they've less all around visibility than the older ones.

Soldato
Something small like a Hyundai i10, VW UP etc

My dad is actually about to put an UP up for sale - 2014 plate in a bright blue. Believe it’s the non turbo version, 5 door, small and has been very reliable.

It’s sat on his drive at the moment doing sweet nothin’

He can’t really be bothered with the hassle of selling, and I’m sure he’d happily sell quickly rather than making an extra £500 type thing. Give me a shout if it sounds like the kind of thing you’d be interested in.

Caporegime
Looks nice enough and they are decent enough cars. I bought my mum one back in 2020 to replace her manual VW Polo (medical reasons she needed to switch to an Auto), and even though it was replacing a 1-year old Polo, she found it a great car.

The gearbox isn't great to be honest, very dim witted for an auto, but surprisingly frugal, quiet and reliable (or at least it was for the 12-months she had it until she passed away).

Soldato
I bought my mum a 2013 Honda Jazz in 2020 and she loves it. It's reliable and built well but the CVT gearbox can take some getting used to.

Inside is very spacious and well laid out for such a small car. Much more roomy than our Skoda fabia.

The back seats fold up and can create a really big boot space for the size of the car.

I also found getting a car seat in the back was very easy due to the way the doors open and the flat seats.

My only worry is the catalytic converter getting nicked but that's only really due to living in Manchester. It does make them dearer to insure though, so may be worth running some quotes.

Back
Top Bottom