0culusness - old oculus software.

Soldato
I have a 11/2017 copy of the oculus installer and the oculus download cache for version 1.20 (which has the old oculus home)

How do I go about installing it on a PC without connecting to the internet.
I can make the files available for those that also want to have a crack at it.

Soldato
Will it install from the download cache? Or will it go looking to get the latest version straight away?

Do you know the name of the server that the installer goes to looking for the updates?

Put that server name in your windows host file and point it to localhost. That way when it goes looking for an update it won't find anything.

Soldato
OP
Will it install from the download cache? Or will it go looking to get the latest version straight away?

It goes looking for the latest version even though the download cache folder is sat there in the dame location.

Do you know the name of the server that the installer goes to looking for the updates?

Put that server name in your windows host file and point it to localhost. That way when it goes looking for an update it won't find anything.

Thanks Melmac, I ran the above through google translate, and it just came back in Klingon for budgerigar feeding instructions.
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

Last edited:
Soldato
It goes looking for the latest version even though the download cache folder is sat there in the dame location.

Thanks Melmac, I ran the above through google translate, and it just came back in Klingon for budgerigar feeding instructions.
50743172566_9db55b3aba_o_d.gif

Sorry Drakulton!! I missed this post. I just thought of something that might be a problem. (haha as if all the other things weren't problem enough)

How big is the download cache folder? You see some of the updates were only updates. So if you only have an update and not the main files, it won't install.

As for the windows hosts. Klingon translating is very accurate :p

Soldato
OP
Sorry Drakulton!! I missed this post. I just thought of something that might be a problem. (haha as if all the other things weren't problem enough)

How big is the download cache folder? You see some of the updates were only updates. So if you only have an update and not the main files, it won't install.

As for the windows hosts. Klingon translating is very accurate :p

Thanks for the ongoing assistance. The downloads cache is 1.79Gb and has a load of zipped files. When they're all unzipped in cache folder, plus the pre unzipped ones comes in at 4.14Gb.

Soldato
Thanks for the ongoing assistance. The downloads cache is 1.79Gb and has a load of zipped files. When they're all unzipped in cache folder, plus the pre unzipped ones comes in at 4.14Gb.

Ah, great, that sounds about right. And you have the Oculus setup download cache folder, in the root of the c: drive?

Soldato
OP
Ah, great, that sounds about right. And you have the Oculus setup download cache folder, in the root of the c: drive?

Yes, the download cache, is called this - OculusSetup-DownloadCache-2b601ae6-8d14-4c2b-9daf-bcbecd3ba8f3, but the one downloadable from oculus today is just called OculusSetup-DownloadCache.

I can tell I'm being a lot of help. :)

Soldato
Yes, the download cache, is called this - OculusSetup-DownloadCache-2b601ae6-8d14-4c2b-9daf-bcbecd3ba8f3, but the one downloadable from oculus today is just called OculusSetup-DownloadCache.

I can tell I'm being a lot of help. :)

You have a copy of the folder? A backup, in case things go wrong?

You have to rename your old download cache folder to the "OculusSetup-DownloadCache" It won't work if it's called anything else, It won't find the files.

LOL, Don't worry!! I am just winging it here.

Soldato
OP
You have a copy of the folder? A backup, in case things go wrong?

You have to rename your old download cache folder to the "OculusSetup-DownloadCache" It won't work if it's called anything else, It won't find the files.

LOL, Don't worry!! I am just winging it here.

Yeah, I just tried it with all the files unzipped in the same folder and the name shortened, but the installer still insists on having internet. I thought there may be some exe. in the cache that may start things off manually.

Soldato
OP
For anyone wanting to try their luck with oculus software 1.20 and installer, here's a link to an upload on myairbridge https://mab.to/lewjWowVz

Obviously, safety first. I'm just some random idiot on a forum with an xmas emoji fetish, so please scan the download.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Soldato
The kind of idea it is giving me, is that I'm completely out of my depth. :)

:p

I still think your best option is to try and find the files that make up the original home area and try to export that into the Quest 2.

Or else try to find the name of the update server that the software goes looking for the update from.

Soldato
OP
:p

I still think your best option is to try and find the files that make up the original home area and try to export that into the Quest 2.

Is that an even doable thing? Surely not as simple as save as quest filage?

Or else try to find the name of the update server that the software goes looking for the update from.

Nope, my Klingon-fu has gone again.

Soldato
Is that an even doable thing? Surely not as simple as save as quest filage?

I don't know, that's why I recommend the Oculus Custom Home Discord on your other thread. People in that might know.

In the Oculus Download cache folder that you downloaded and unzipped, is there an environment folder? Or a Rifthome folder?

It's not going to be as simple as copying it across. You have to make them into an APK and install it like program, but, that part can't be too hard to do as there are loads of custom home environments on that Discord channel.

I think you need a new klingon translator :p

Soldato
OP
I don't know, that's why I recommend the Oculus Custom Home Discord on your other thread. People in that might know.

In the Oculus Download cache folder that you downloaded and unzipped, is there an environment folder? Or a Rifthome folder?

It's not going to be as simple as copying it across. You have to make them into an APK and install it like program, but, that part can't be too hard to do as there are loads of custom home environments on that Discord channel.

I think you need a new klingon translator :p

Thanks, I'll have a look. I seem to be running out of fingers to have pies in.

I don't know if you see'd this, it's a copy of the folder wot I have. https://mab.to/lewjWowVz

Soldato
OP
I might download it tomorrow and take a look.
You absolute superstar. While I'd really love to be able to pop into the old home, and freely share it with anyone who'd
like to experience it. I really don't have the skill/knowledge to know what the foook I'm doing to accomplish it.

Soldato
You absolute superstar. While I'd really love to be able to pop into the old home, and freely share it with anyone who'd
like to experience it. I really don't have the skill/knowledge to know what the foook I'm doing to accomplish it.

Downloading your virus now. :p

I hope I can help out, but, don't be expecting too much.

Back
Top Bottom