0culusness - old oculus software.

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for the quick upload :) I never tried the avatar editor - so thanks for that too! The version you uploaded is about 4 times the size of the one from the link in the video comments, so that is probably why that one doesn't work.

When I start it up, I get the room with the fireplace, do you know how I can switch to the deck one with the radio and pond?

you need to plonk the folder on your desktop or in the oculus software folder and go into the folder and click on the oculusVR application. Give it a moment to load and you'll be by the pool listening to jazz in no time.

Soldato
OP
Many thanks for the quick upload :) I never tried the avatar editor - so thanks for that too! The version you uploaded is about 4 times the size of the one from the link in the video comments, so that is probably why that one doesn't work.

When I start it up, I get the room with the fireplace, do you know how I can switch to the deck one with the radio and pond?

What headset are you using? and are you 'the box?' saves me responding twice.

Associate
What headset are you using? and are you 'the box?' saves me responding twice.
Its a Rift CV1 (and yes I am 'the box'). If I remember, Home 1.0 had 2 environments, the fireplace one and the deck one, when I run it, it is defaulting to the fireplace one (the same one you are on the balcony of in one of your videos). I'm trying to work out how I can switch to the other one.

Soldato
OP
the file I sent is only the deck one, so you should start in your fireplace home room and then select the oculus home (deck) as an app/game to run in your headset.

Associate
I think both environments are in the same folder somehow, I don't have the fireplace one installed anywhere else. The pages I've found so far say you need to select the environments button in the menu (which isn't there in the standalone version). I imagine there is a setting somewhere, maybe in the registry, and the last environment I used way back when was this one or this is the default and the last one you used was the Deck one.

Soldato
OP
I think both environments are in the same folder somehow, I don't have the fireplace one installed anywhere else. The pages I've found so far say you need to select the environments button in the menu (which isn't there in the standalone version). I imagine there is a setting somewhere, maybe in the registry, and the last environment I used way back when was this one or this is the default and the last one you used was the Deck one.

Strange, i just tried the one i sent you and after clicking on the orange glowing tabs in the taskbar, I ended up strait in the pool area.

Having said that, how old is your oculus installation on your PC? I recently had to install a fresh version which runs the pool version straight away.

Associate
OK the registry key was pretty easy to find - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Home
There is a setting called EnvironmentIndex - 0= fireplace room, 1= deck
There are some other settings which look interesting like RUG_STATE - maybe you can remove that annoying fold lol

Many thanks for the files and help, I'm gonna listen to some jazz now lol

Soldato
OP
OK the registry key was pretty easy to find - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Oculus\Home
There is a setting called EnvironmentIndex - 0= fireplace room, 1= deck
There are some other settings which look interesting like RUG_STATE - maybe you can remove that annoying fold lol

Many thanks for the files and help, I'm gonna listen to some jazz now lol

Fantastic! looking forward to some videos of the pool scene. If jazz is not your thing then you can select another station. While you're making the pot plants jump.
Watch out for the blimp and the comet.

Associate
By the way, how did you interact with the plants and radio? I know the hands and pointers are invisible, but I'm not getting anything even when pointing in the right direction

EDIT: never mind it seems my pointer is off by about 30 degrees when running this, I'll have to practice more lol

Soldato
OP
By the way, how did you interact with the plants and radio? I know the hands and pointers are invisible, but I'm not getting anything even when pointing in the right direction

It's literally just trial and error. Keep pointing at the radio or the plants but move your hand/hand controller to either side. You'll accidently find the aiming point even though you can't see your hands.

Associate
It's literally just trial and error. Keep pointing at the radio or the plants but move your hand/hand controller to either side. You'll accidently find the aiming point even though you can't see your hands.
I cant get to work again now lol, which button in the touch controller is it, I was literally mashing all of them when I got the radio to turn on.
EDIT - ah got it - its the front trigger - got my first plant bounce lol

The radio is the thing I missed most of all, it has the best spatial audio I've ever experienced in VR

Soldato
OP
I think it's the first finger trigger. Again, waiving it around in the vicinity or slightly to the right of the tuning knob will get it to change channel.

Associate
You are going to do some videos?
I don't really do videos, but we'll see ;)
Fun fact, if you rename the exe "Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe" and the _Data folder "Home2-Win64-Shipping_Data" and switch them with the contents of "..Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64" - oculus boots up with the old home, laser pointer and all. Unfortunately the pointer wont interact with the environment, and when you close the dash, it becomes invisible again. If only there was a way to make it visible in the standalone.

Soldato
OP
I don't really do videos, but we'll see ;)
Fun fact, if you rename the exe "Home2-Win64-Shipping.exe" and the _Data folder "Home2-Win64-Shipping_Data" and switch them with the contents of "..Support\oculus-worlds\Home2\Binaries\Win64" - oculus boots up with the old home, laser pointer and all. Unfortunately the pointer wont interact with the environment, and when you close the dash, it becomes invisible again. If only there was a way to make it visible in the standalone.

It's just nice to see the old place getting some use :)

Back
Top Bottom