2022 QD-OLED thread

Soldato
That's good to hear, will be trying mine out tomorrow. Unfortunately the TV's been delayed until the end of January but at hopefully it'll coincide with my birthday. I'm sure it'll put the old Tizen version on my KS8000 to shame, it's slow and often has issues with Disney+.

Tizen on the S95B is slow as well.
Faster than the KS8000 (faster than my old KS9000 anyway), but still slow when loading up all it's bloatware when you switch the TV on

I wish Samsung would just use Android TV instead.

Associate
Tizen on the S95B is slow as well.
Faster than the KS8000 (faster than my old KS9000 anyway), but still slow when loading up all it's bloatware when you switch the TV on

I wish Samsung would just use Android TV instead.
Its much better when you block the ads

Associate
How do you do this?
Does it block anything else as well or just ads?
Hi , change the tv network DNS from obtain DNS automatically , to a fixed DNS of 94.140.14.14 , this is the DNS that adGuard uses , works perfectly on my set with no untoward issues

Associate
don't know if good to post here or start a new thread. i've got the 65" A95k which is my main Tv, and also hooked my pc into it for gaming. Last week, I had an TV update, and since then when i switch to my hdmi pc input, i get meassage saying there's nothing connected..I've tried switching to different hsmi inputs, and switching hdmi cable, but my pc is no longer recognised at all. Seen a similar thread on sony forum people saying similar, and to do with nvidia/sony not playing well together, but no real solution.
Anyone knowif i can roll back the update on the tv? It's beginning to irritate a little. Don't have a spare monitor so can't use my pc now, and really don't want to get a new monitor etc just yet...was waiting for the lg g4 to come out as that's meant to be 144hz and was thinking of getting that in 42/48" this blackfri time at end of year

Associate
I know this is QD OLED 2022 thread but I couldn’t find one for 2023 models.
Got my 65” S95C delivered today and this is how it looks like.
Surely must be the worst uniformity in existence for this tv..?

IMG-5664.jpg
IMG-5659.jpg
IMG-5657.jpg

Soldato
I know this is QD OLED 2022 thread but I couldn’t find one for 2023 models.
Got my 65” S95C delivered today and this is how it looks like.
Surely must be the worst uniformity in existence for this tv..?

IMG-5664.jpg
IMG-5659.jpg
IMG-5657.jpg

Looks fudged to me. QD-OLED's usually don't have any uniformity issues at all. I'd get it swapped out.

Associate
Done pixel refresh over night and it cleared up the uniformity issue almost completely.!
Didn’t think it would do much if anything in this case as on lg oled it wouldn’t.
I’m impressed.! :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I know it might seem a silly question, but you did remove the protective screen film ?
I ask because when i bought my G2 a couple of years ago it looked like it had no screen film on it. It wasn't until a few weeks latter that i noticed it peeling from one edge. I felt like a complete numpty :D

Associate
I know it might seem a silly question, but you did remove the protective screen film ?
I ask because when i bought my G2 a couple of years ago it looked like it had no screen film on it. It wasn't until a few weeks latter that i noticed it peeling from one edge. I felt like a complete numpty :D
Lol yes I did once I turned it on and didn’t see any obvious screen defects that would make me return it immediately.
The uniformity I could kinda see on the blue setup screen but wasn’t 100% sure it wasn’t how the background supposed to be.
Once I started watching actual content is when I realised the uniformity issue.
Anyway it’s all good now after the pixel refresh.
The screen is truly beautiful. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Guys is there any way to display hdmi signal info.?
The “info” button both on the old style remote as well as universal remote does nothing except making the led on the tv blink.
Pressing middle button in the directional wheel on the new remote controls hdmi connected device instead.
Very weird to for this simple yet must have info not to be easily accessible.

Edit: It looks like hdmi signal info doesn’t work when Apple TV is connected but works fine with other devices.
Very strange.

Last edited:
Soldato
don't know if good to post here or start a new thread. i've got the 65" A95k which is my main Tv, and also hooked my pc into it for gaming. Last week, I had an TV update, and since then when i switch to my hdmi pc input, i get meassage saying there's nothing connected..I've tried switching to different hsmi inputs, and switching hdmi cable, but my pc is no longer recognised at all. Seen a similar thread on sony forum people saying similar, and to do with nvidia/sony not playing well together, but no real solution.
Anyone knowif i can roll back the update on the tv? It's beginning to irritate a little. Don't have a spare monitor so can't use my pc now, and really don't want to get a new monitor etc just yet...was waiting for the lg g4 to come out as that's meant to be 144hz and was thinking of getting that in 42/48" this blackfri time at end of year

Am going to go mad if this happens to me as i just ordered a new 4090 yesterday and i also have a Sony 65" A95K which i will be using it on for gaming as well my PC monitor

Last edited:
Associate
Am going to go mad if this happens to me as i just ordered a new 4090 yesterday and i also have a Sony 65" A95K which i will be using it on for gaming as well my PC monitor
got the pc running on the sony again(what I'm using now). Probaby pure coincidence as it failed same time as I did the tv update. As pc was on floor next to TV, didn't actually bother looking at the mobo (i have b650e-e so has a led post error code display on it). i ended up buying a vid capture card to see if could get it to display on my laptop and when that failed, actually looked at my mobo:o. Suprise, it had a code 23 on the display which was a memory fault
Ended up taking out ram, reseating, same with gpu but no change, but once cleared cmos, worked...just had to go through memory training again and 1st boot ram at base clock before enabling expo again. Now running fine except all of a sudden I can't output to the tv a 4k120...it recognises the TV as Sony, but generic, and max output I can set it is 4k60...can't be the hdmi cable as was outputting 4k120 before, and it's plugged into the same hdmi 2.1 4k120 socket on the sony. gpu still the same 3070ti so no idea why...but I do have it working and 3070ti not extactly a 4k gpu, so 60hz will do for moment until I can figure it out. last time I had yto config the tv to allow 4k120 as default to 60hz, i just can't find the setting anywhere now...any help on that appreciated if someone got one..might be old man syndrome now and I'm looking in wrong place

Back
Top Bottom