• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8 Pack looks at R290X

Man of Honour
Looking good 8 Pack, But AMD do need to turn it up a couple of notches in Heaven Valley. currently the fastest Titan there scores 3800 @ 1380Mhz. thats more than 25% faster than Gibbo managed @ 1200Mhz.

Seems AMD is currently very bad indeed for Valley.

I don't like Valley as it bottlenecks the cards too easy unless you run it @1600p and then things can get a bit toasty.

Soldato
Looking good 8 Pack, But AMD do need to turn it up a couple of notches in Heaven Valley. currently the fastest Titan there scores 3800 @ 1380Mhz. thats more than 25% faster than Gibbo managed @ 1200Mhz.

Seems AMD is currently very bad indeed for Valley.
The thing is, for the Heaven and Valley bench, the superior memory bandwidth is probably not translating (much) into performance and score...or at least, that's what I think.

If we look at benchmark on Metro etc, it clearly show how scarily high memory bandwidth is able to impact on reducing frame rate loss:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/18.html

Caporegime
The thing is, for the Heaven and Valley bench, the superior memory bandwidth is probably not translating into performance and score...or at least, that's what I think.

If we look at benchmark on Metro etc, it clearly show how scarily high memory bandwidth is able to impact on reducing frame rate loss:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/R9_290X/18.html

They are only for comparing Ball size anyway, in gaming overall it trades blows edges out the Titan, thats what really matters.

Caporegime
Scaling is awful for multi GPUs @1080p

I can not beat 3 HD 7970s using 4 Titans @1080p :p

I score almost the same @1600p as I do @1080p with 4 cards.

Look at the Valley thread, those Titan's as the top are scaling ~100% core for core clock for clock against the 680's @ 1080P.

BTW, i have added 1440P to it, you want 1600P too?

Man of Honour
What sort of a question is that!!

Now I have the mod the cards will get ragged!!!!

Here is some special overclocking wallpaper for you

qacw.jpg

Now give them cards some volts !!!

Back
Top Bottom