8pack Supernova - build log!

Soldato
Shawy, could I get a point of clarification on these systems. I have 5TB of data drives in my current PC that are perfectly fine. If I wanted to transplant them to my Infinity, would it be possible to not have any secondary storage installed in my Infinity build and do the transplant myself without voiding the warranty? It'd be a heck of a lot faster than trying to copy 3.5TB of data.

OcUK Staff
Shawy, could I get a point of clarification on these systems. I have 5TB of data drives in my current PC that are perfectly fine. If I wanted to transplant them to my Infinity, would it be possible to not have any secondary storage installed in my Infinity build and do the transplant myself without voiding the warranty? It'd be a heck of a lot faster than trying to copy 3.5TB of data.

Yeah thats completely fine, just give our friendly sales guys a call and they can specify the system with only a Primary drive.

Just make sure that your old drives contain data only as adding drives with boot partitions can sometimes mess with your boot priority, not a big deal but could be a potential issue.

Associate
OP
Wow... I really need to understand how the **** you got those fitting to work being so close... I'd have snapped them in anger

I've had quite a bit of practice and my thumbs have no feeling anymore! :p

Moar I need MOARRR!

Ease me into the weekend by finishing the build log today. Please I am already bored at work and need some decent to look at!

Pwease, there is some Harribo in it for you :D

Haha! Sorry for the lack of updates, been a busy weekend for me - only partly due to locking myself out of my car 100 miles from home! :confused:

You guys should do a time lapse video of one of these builds.

We could try and live stream it and that would turn out like a time laps with our internet lol.

As Bicepo said - we can do pretty much any customisation you'd like to our systems - just phone our sales teams and they'll sort you out. :)

Associate
OP
Update time!

Time to mount all 14 of these eLoops:
3fz2SJd.jpg
Some of the quietest fans I've ever heard - well, I haven't really heard them but you get the picture.

Mounting to the rads with Bitfenix Alchemy fan splitter cables
wNDlall.jpg

And the 8pack fan grills:
o0Y60iW.jpg
I know they're not on the fans, but they still look sweet!

Mounting the Bitspower res to the fans
t7GmdmX.jpg
That thing is huge

Maybe a little too huge
MX5GXBo.jpg

We had to swap it for a slightly smaller res
v6xtrJt.jpg
Nice and cosy now.

Next was mounting the pump
UzqrGlF.jpg
Had to disassemble the pump top to drill the mounting holes.

Perfect fit
mGu6vtH.jpg

And with some extra sound dampening
FGBLrr0.jpg

Once inside the case it was easy to see the tubing path
YKtRU1d.jpg

I'd like to stress that this was not an accident.
xg0Auy8.jpg
A lot of careful planning and measuring went into this.

There's even room at the side for tubing
G1gwDMH.jpg

'To where' you might be asking..
0Lk83pf.jpg
Using some spare rotaries to help plan out the loop

And some more planning at the front end
E3P5SxC.jpg
Very busy!

And it got busier!
409Y2rj.jpg
Using the Aquaero to the max with these flow meters & temperature sensors.

That's it for this update!
But here's a little sneak peak of Bicepo getting involved ready for the next update:
U5hdcQh.jpg
(He wont be too happy when he sees how messy the desk is :p)

Associate
OP
Hence why the tube res didn't fit :p

Good looking build :)

It's the res we've used in the past but, as Bicepo demonstrated, we have some new tools to play with to make the Supernova even better this time around.

Oh god those close knit compressions! I am sorry for your hands, Shawy.

I've never been able to use the finger print scanner on my iPhone because my thumbs are always like this:
G4z8c8V.jpg

Can You put up a diagram of how you have set up the aquaero please
will help me out a lot

Honestly, that thing is a build log in itself. I'll try to get some photos of the back of it later on in the build log. Bicepo spent a good few hours getting it all set up though, and I still think there's some more tweaks to be made.

Threads like this certainly make you appreciate how much time, effort and care goes into these builds.

There's a lot more work that goes into it before the build even begins. People like ScottieB and 8pack himself sitting down planning, designing, organising custom hardware and BIOS's. Not to mention binning hundreds of processors to find a single chip good enough for these builds, and then the hours 8pack puts into overclocking and tweaking settings to get the absolute maximum from all of the hardware with rock solid stability.

Back
Top Bottom