8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
OP
My fingers used to bleed, so those seem better off in comparison. Likely from doing this all the time?

Yeah, built up some fairly thick skin from all the compression fittings over the past months. The back of my hands get cut/scratched on a daily basis still - all part of the job!

pre

pre

Associate
I'm looking at that top pedestal - is that 6 exhausts (7 including PSU?) and no intakes? Is that the best performing/lowest noise option?

Unless I'm blind the BP kit doesn't seem to have any "anti-vortex" bit although I do like the idea of the mounting kit. How does the BP tube perform for bleeding when laid horizontal like that as I'm looking for a new reservoir.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'm looking at that top pedestal - is that 6 exhausts (7 including PSU?) and no intakes? Is that the best performing/lowest noise option?

If you check out the image below, having fans pulling in fresh, cool air is the best configuration:
newdiagramcopyuqw1.jpg

Unless I'm blind the BP kit doesn't seem to have any "anti-vortex" bit although I do like the idea of the mounting kit. How does the BP tube perform for bleeding when laid horizontal like that as I'm looking for a new reservoir.

It has a riser tube that separates the inlet and outlet when used in a vertical set up, or allows the input to be at the top of the res. There aren't really any issues with mounting the reservoir horizontally like this, as long as the outlet to the pump is higher to the inlet to the pump and the inlet to the reservoir is lower than the water level to reduce noise.

This looks Amazing! cant wait to see it up and running.

Still waiting on the finishing touches, but I'll try to keep the updates fairly regular until then.

Associate
OP
Time for a quick update - tubing up the top section.

In the last update I shared a picture of Bicepo with his safety gear on drilling one of the case panels, and you're about to find out why..

In this 8pack system, we've used some Bitspower pass through fittings for the cleanest looking build to date.
r1Xe6oP.jpg

Not only that, but for the first time in recorded history, I have managed to use a non-rotary 90 degree fitting in a loop that actually faces the right direction!
DKftEqp.jpg
It's a miracle!

After the angled fittings were in place, it was time to start the tubing.
nPnMPiB.jpg

Mmmmmm straight lines…
8fKaQqV.jpg

The flow sensors were not easy to fit between the rads like this...
HwVcCQ4.jpg
...but they don't half look good there.

And theres only long piece of tubing in the top loop
eVTZXCK.jpg
Also happens to be the only piece that isn't completely straight.

And it's mostly hidden
rxWjnCp.jpg

Such straight. Many angles.
UGQfhb4.jpg
Wow.

And here's a quick teaser of the next update when the board is finally installed inside the case:
Q6tcMnB.jpg

Soldato
You could fit 4 mini itx boards in there.... OVER KILL!!!! lol

Is this gonna be available for purchase? Is it part of your new product lines? I'm curious

pre

pre

Associate
If you check out the image below, having fans pulling in fresh, cool air is the best configuration:

I would have thought so for the top pedestal as there are vents on the top of the roof. Will be interesting to see if the same applies for the bottom where it'll be a sealed compartment assuming bulkheads are also used?

Assuming that's rise in temp on the diagram I'm a bit confused? On the diagram isn't the best option 3 which is effectively 6 fan exhausting from the inside of the case (ie hot air out) which assuming I'm looking at the fan blades correctly is what you have setup - ie the opposite of 6 fans intaking cold air from outside?

Associate
OP
I would have thought so for the top pedestal as there are vents on the top of the roof. Will be interesting to see if the same applies for the bottom where it'll be a sealed compartment assuming bulkheads are also used?

Assuming that's rise in temp on the diagram I'm a bit confused? On the diagram isn't the best option 3 which is effectively 6 fan exhausting from the inside of the case (ie hot air out) which assuming I'm looking at the fan blades correctly is what you have setup - ie the opposite of 6 fans intaking cold air from outside?

There are gaps all around for fresh cool air to enter the system. You're right about option 3, and that's the same configuration as we're using - I don't think I worded it very well in my last post. The fans will be 'intaking' cool air from between the radiators (above and at the front and back of the case) then exhausting it out of the sides.

Soldato
Is it true about what 8pack said about the testing and binning of cpu's before purchasing? Does this mean that the cpu's that overclockers sell have a higher potential for better overclocking???

Associate
OP
Is it true about what 8pack said about the testing and binning of cpu's before purchasing? Does this mean that the cpu's that overclockers sell have a higher potential for better overclocking???

In our systems and bundles, yes. It's the usual silicone lottery when buying a CPU on it's own.

Out of a batch of 20 lol. Christ...

I'll have a 5Ghz 4930 please.

Get in line lol. 8pack keeps those sort of chips on him at all times and uses them for world records.

i managed to catch a glimpse of this yesterday whilst i was snooping around the back of OCUK (shhhhhh, dont tell anyone!)

It really does look awesome. well done Shawy!

Hope you liked the cable management. ;)

Back
Top Bottom