A friend and the cat.

Man of Honour
You can buy some spray which can stop the cat from peeing on that area. You should try this. I'm not judging you or your wife. I do however think you should try this as it's not a lot of hassle.

I have two cats and they pee on all sorts, it doesn't really bother me as I love them so much. It smells bad but you can buy a spray which will neutralise this odor.

Your cat will be very unhappy in one room. They like soft warm places, not a kitchen.

Cats where a substitute for kids.

What I though was below the belt when my "friend" said we we where bad parents. As if a child and a cat are the same.

huh. you say in one post that the cat was a subtitute for a kid, then treat it not like a child and then say how a cat and a kid aren't the same thing.

what you're doing is terrible. My cat is 18 years old. He has peed by the front door for a couple years now and I accept that as he is slowly dying away and it's not his fault. He has lost his hearing and just meows non stop throughout the house until he spots someone. I accept that he is old. If i decided to put him outside only now that he's old that imo would be considered a terrible nasty selfish thing to do.

i'm shocked actually to hear. your cat must be terrified and freezing cold at night.

you need to seriously consider this friend as they are actually only trying to do good and look out for an animal they feel is being mistreated. well done to your friend as it takes a lot to decide to get involved in someone elses personal life.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Why would the cat be "terrified" out side?

Do have children? Do you treat them the same?

How did cats survive so long before humans took them in and domesticated them???

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Why would the cat be "terrified" out side?

Do have children? Do you treat them the same?

How did cats survive so long before humans took them in and domesticated them???

I know right. They haven't even got a fur coat to keep them warm.

Oh wait....

Associate
OP
My wife has informed me that was wrong & both cats went out at night.

Are you seriously telling me that a domestic cat can not survive outside?

Back
Top Bottom