Aliens, The Abyss, True Lies and Titanic finally get digital and 4K Blu-Ray release dates

Soldato
Late to the party here but I hope the 4K version of Aliens is better than whatever is on Disney+ at the moment. The Disney version is super bright and completely lacking atmosphere. The set looks like something out of a soap opera

Jim prefers the term ‘AI enhanced’ thank you very much..

Associate
Plus the images of the cover art on the big retailer I ordered it from show Region ABC compatibility, so if it is region locked I'll be pretty miffed. I know, I know.... images are for illustration purposes only. But fingers crossed.

But now the store page has changed to:
Temporarily out of stock.
We are working hard to be back in stock as soon as possible.

Old man yells at cloud.

Soldato
from what i read all but Abyss are being released in the uk in UHD Blu ray, but you can import Abyss UHD. which version of abyss it is i don't know but chance are it the theater version.
The new release is a collector’s edition. It has both versions of the film with both having the 4k treatment.

Soldato
from what i read all but Abyss are being released in the uk in UHD Blu ray, but you can import Abyss UHD. which version of abyss it is i don't know but chance are it the theater version.
Both Aliens and The Abyss should be in stock at a cool place on the 29th of April. I think if both are ordered at the same time they will likely be shipped together from Scandinavia.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Found this thread interesting on the recent Cameron 4k releases. Reads like it's almost worth sticking with the blurays and using a good bluray player to upscale instead.

Thats absolutely shocking if proven to be true (someone else should be able to confirm this), just the SDR to HDR flat conversion is enough to completely sink darker films like Aliens/Abyss, I can't believe Cameron would have signed off on such a pee-poor job!

Caporegime
That doesn't surprise me as the Teminator 2 4K's Blu-ray HDR was almost non-existant, and had that horrible colour grading that made pink lasers blue, faces yellow, background shots green etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom