Amazon Black Friday Sales *NO COMPETITOR PRODUCTS TO BE DISCUSSED*

Man of Honour
Aren't Amazon pretty flake on this though, I know a few people and see several posts here moaning about Amazon prime orders not turning up.

I've had 3 maybe 4 over the last 2 years that haven't turned up next day out of hundreds of orders and each time I get a month free on my Prime so it's not the end of the world.

Caporegime
I use Prime all the time and I can't remember a time where it didn't arrive next day.
I'm sure it's happened once, but it's very, very rare

Same as any next day guaranteed delivery service then? :p

It makes sense if you order a lot of stuff from amazon and need it next day as you soon get your money back. Its like the adverts I see for it which annoy me. "So far I have saved £1000 with Amazon Prime this year" Really? You are basically sitting there every day ordering several items from amazon which you must have next day cause you can't organise your life?

I buy loads from Amazon myself but only once or twice have I paid for next day cause I was in a hurry. All the rest I didn't and they came next day anyway (in fact one just turned up on Sunday where I selected no hurry delivery). So I would only get a small saving of the annual charge.

Amazon prime and music is no use to me yet until we get fibre as broadband is so slow.

Man of Honour
It's brilliant for times where I've gotten half way through doing a job on my bike and needed something to finish it like an impact driver, order on the Saturday arrive on the Sunday and finish the job before I need to use it to get to work on Monday.

Soldato
I've had 3 maybe 4 over the last 2 years that haven't turned up next day out of hundreds of orders and each time I get a month free on my Prime so it's not the end of the world.

How does one go about getting this extra free month? I've just had my first late delivery (out of 38 this year).

Man of Honour
How does one go about getting this extra free month? I've just had my first late delivery (out of 38 this year).

Send them an email or jump on their webchat and tell them you're disappointed that they've missed the promised next day delivery and they'll just throw another month at you.

Man of Honour
Aren't Amazon pretty flake on this though, I know a few people and see several posts here moaning about Amazon prime orders not turning up.

Not in the slightest, just people only complain about bad experiences, out of all my orders I've had about 3 not turn up, and one of those was damaged in transit and they didn't even attempt delivery.

Caporegime
They will never get permission. Already Amazon is been told permission will only be granted for "line of sight". That's going to be a very short delivery radius.

Amazon want the drones to fly autonomous up to 10 miles away. Any aviation authority would be mad to give Amazon that kind of permission.

Man of Honour
They will never get permission. Already Amazon is been told permission will only be granted for "line of sight". That's going to be a very short delivery radius.

Amazon want the drones to fly autonomous up to 10 miles away. Any aviation authority would be mad to give Amazon that kind of permission.

They will get it, it's already been approved for trials in some countries, and all though your right it's line if signt and the moment. FAA are looking at rewriting the rules.
Laws and opinions will change.
Just like automated car rules are being made.

Caporegime
Yeah I know they are under pressure from Amazon and google to allow autonomous none line of sight to 10 miles but I still think they will be mad to give that away.

And yeah trials are going on in Canada and the US. Equally in the US, there are pushes to make every private property legally own the airspace above their house which would be in the range which Google wants to fly at which would mean Google would require permission from every householder on the route.

And then there is the privacy issue. These drones with have image enhancing video in order to fly on auto and find their target. That's a biggy to be addressed espically in the states.

There is the other issue for Amazon is people with drone blockers could down the delivery drones and steal the goods.

Man of Honour
People owning the air space is never going to happen.
Privacy is a non issue, just like google cars, plane and satellite imagery. It'll simply be regulated.

Blockers might be an issue for delivery, but they wouldn't be downed or stolen, they could quite easily just return to base under gps.

It will happen, just don't expect it in next few years.

Caporegime
People owning the air space is never going to happen.
Privacy is a non issue, just like google cars, plane and satellite imagery. It'll simply be regulated.

Blockers might be an issue for delivery, but they wouldn't be downed or stolen, they could quite easily just return to base under gps.

It will happen, just don't expect it in next few years.

Last thing I read about the states was that it was looking highly likely that the 400 feet above private households would belong to the property and get passed (although not sure if this is a national or state thing?)

But Amazons biggest hurdel is getting over the line of sight requirement.

Permabanned
Last thing I read about the states was that it was looking highly likely that the 400 feet above private households would belong to the property and get passed (although not sure if this is a national or state thing?)

But Amazons biggest hurdel is getting over the line of sight requirement.

Embrace the future my man. Unless you don't have a garden, then fight it!

Back
Top Bottom