• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
There is a lot more to this than just dropping the .dll in to the install folder, that will give you the option to turn it on but doesn't actually do much.
Ok so developers fault? No.

You don't see this with Nvidia, ever, there are instances of varying quality but nothing where its just bad, why is that?
I think Nvidia care enough for something that carries their branding that it must be good, or else, AMD are more like "yeah man, its open source man, be free with it man, everything is beautiful man, have a spliff"

You make great hardware, AMD, great drivers, now ban the marijuana from the software features team and round out to just be great without if and but.
Its time you stopped thinking like an underdog, its time there was nothing anyone could point at and say "this is why you shouldn't buy AMD" No one does that with your CPU's, Because they are just great, no if, no but.
jFnLfV8.gif

:cry: :D

Given that intel and UE can get upscaling to run and look pretty good consistently despite their solutions being hardware agnostic, amd definitely can too, just a matter of time.

Caporegime
I deliberately went for a 7900XTX so I never had to worry about upscaling at least for the foreseeable. Hopefully by the time the card does need a bit of help they have it down to an artform.

RX 7000 series have a dedicated AI engine, (ML, Machine Learning) with that there is no excuse to
FSR3's coming to console, they're about to release 3.1, and they'll be working on ML version.

Exclude that from them.

Caporegime
AMD should be shot for not bringing out a proper AI upscale already imo. SHOT!!!!!

:D

A bit drastic, but ok :D

Yep, I just went for what worked for me without relying on this getting better or not over time. The price made it the best card and considering I "only" game at 1440p right now it's a monster.

Same, would be nice tho, it would get them a lot of kudos to make FSR actually good and on this generation.

Caporegime
Great performance. I won't lie though, seeing the "TEST VERSION" text at the bottom in 2024 made me giggle. The game might be ready in 2034!

Its a testing patch, every 3 months they release a big patch, it gets tested trough a series of groups before going live, First is NDA, then a larger phase 1, the an even larger phase 2 and then a public test build before live.

That's what the text is at the bottom, its been through NDA, Phase 1 and 2 and is about to go to live testing.

As for the game its self, its in its completion stages.

edit: sorry, completion is the wrong word, it will never be done updating, an official release state?

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a testing patch, every 3 months they release a big patch, it gets tested trough a series of groups before going live, First is NDA, then a larger phase 1, the an even larger phase 2 and then a public test build before live.

That's what the text is at the bottom, its been through NDA, Phase 1 and 2 and is about to go to live testing.

As for the game its self, its in its completion stages.

edit: sorry, completion is the wrong word, it will never be done updating, an official release state?
That's fair, I stopped following Star Citizen around 2015 so I have no idea what state of release it's in. Good to see RDNA3 doing well in it though.

Back
Top Bottom