• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Caporegime
There is a lot more to this than just dropping the .dll in to the install folder, that will give you the option to turn it on but doesn't actually do much.
Ok so developers fault? No.

You don't see this with Nvidia, ever, there are instances of varying quality but nothing where its just bad, why is that?
I think Nvidia care enough for something that carries their branding that it must be good, or else, AMD are more like "yeah man, its open source man, be free with it man, everything is beautiful man, have a spliff"

You make great hardware, AMD, great drivers, now ban the marijuana from the software features team and round out to just be great without if and but.
Its time you stopped thinking like an underdog, its time there was nothing anyone could point at and say "this is why you shouldn't buy AMD" No one does that with your CPU's, Because they are just great, no if, no but.
jFnLfV8.gif

:cry: :D

Given that intel and UE can get upscaling to run and look pretty good consistently despite their solutions being hardware agnostic, amd definitely can too, just a matter of time.

Caporegime
I deliberately went for a 7900XTX so I never had to worry about upscaling at least for the foreseeable. Hopefully by the time the card does need a bit of help they have it down to an artform.

RX 7000 series have a dedicated AI engine, (ML, Machine Learning) with that there is no excuse to
FSR3's coming to console, they're about to release 3.1, and they'll be working on ML version.

Exclude that from them.

Caporegime
AMD should be shot for not bringing out a proper AI upscale already imo. SHOT!!!!!

:D

A bit drastic, but ok :D

Yep, I just went for what worked for me without relying on this getting better or not over time. The price made it the best card and considering I "only" game at 1440p right now it's a monster.

Same, would be nice tho, it would get them a lot of kudos to make FSR actually good and on this generation.

Caporegime
Great performance. I won't lie though, seeing the "TEST VERSION" text at the bottom in 2024 made me giggle. The game might be ready in 2034!

Its a testing patch, every 3 months they release a big patch, it gets tested trough a series of groups before going live, First is NDA, then a larger phase 1, the an even larger phase 2 and then a public test build before live.

That's what the text is at the bottom, its been through NDA, Phase 1 and 2 and is about to go to live testing.

As for the game its self, its in its completion stages.

edit: sorry, completion is the wrong word, it will never be done updating, an official release state?

Last edited:
Soldato
Its a testing patch, every 3 months they release a big patch, it gets tested trough a series of groups before going live, First is NDA, then a larger phase 1, the an even larger phase 2 and then a public test build before live.

That's what the text is at the bottom, its been through NDA, Phase 1 and 2 and is about to go to live testing.

As for the game its self, its in its completion stages.

edit: sorry, completion is the wrong word, it will never be done updating, an official release state?
That's fair, I stopped following Star Citizen around 2015 so I have no idea what state of release it's in. Good to see RDNA3 doing well in it though.

Soldato

Good that devs are fixing their implementations but there is no excuse for it to be broken in the first place. The quality control must be really bad to not notice stuttering and/or duplicate frames instead of working frame gen. FSR 3.1 with user replaceable dll cannot come soon enough.

Associate
Good that devs are fixing their implementations but there is no excuse for it to be broken in the first place. The quality control must be really bad to not notice stuttering and/or duplicate frames instead of working frame gen. FSR 3.1 with user replaceable dll cannot come soon enough.
The worst part is even though they made it user upgradable, it's highly likely none of the past good games from years ago will ever get it.

This is a massive advantage to Nvidia as I can literally drop the 3.7 DLSS in Control a game which is 5 years old, RDR2 a game which is 6 years old and it would work.

I think this was a malicious attempt on the part of AMD because their original intention was to kill off DLSS and they didn't want any FSR to DLSS mods which would hook into the FSR dll and give users DLSS. It has backfired on them spectacularly.

I can't think of any other reason why it would not be user upgradable from the get go when they knew DLSS would be easily upgraded.

Also they really need to start showing some traction on software. Nvidia updated DLSS upscaling 10 times in 2023. AMD hasn't updated it even once since September 2022. Even Intel showed more interest. They released Frame Gen but there is no Anti Lag to reduce latency so it ends up being inferior to Nvidia. It's like AMD doesn't even have a software team compared to Nvidia

Last edited:
Soldato
The worst part is even though they made it user upgradable, it's highly likely none of the past good games from years ago will ever get it.

This is a massive advantage to Nvidia as I can literally drop the 3.7 DLSS in Control a game which is 5 years old, RDR2 a game which is 6 years old and it would work.

I think this was a malicious attempt on the part of AMD because their original intention was to kill off DLSS and they didn't want any FSR to DLSS mods which would hook into the FSR dll and give users DLSS. It has backfired on them spectacularly.

I can't think of any other reason why it would not be user upgradable from the get go when they knew DLSS would be easily upgraded.

Also they really need to start showing some traction on software. Nvidia updated DLSS upscaling 10 times in 2023. AMD hasn't updated it even once since September 2022. Even Intel showed more interest. They released Frame Gen but there is no Anti Lag to reduce latency so it ends up being inferior to Nvidia. It's like AMD doesn't even have a software team compared to Nvidia

It was not malicious as you imply. The open source nature of FSR made it possible for devs to simply integrate the code directly into their game code and customize it how they want. Some devs did make external dll's but most just copied and pasted the code and never really contributed to further development of FSR2. AMD realized a bit too late that lazy devs were not inclined to update FSR once they had integrated it into game code hence why FSR3.1's SDK will enforce a DLL by default.

If devs want to integrate the source code then they will have to do put in extra work to make it work.
I reckon mods will allow you to use it in old games quite easily just like how people are adding FSR3 frame gen to any game with DLSS.

Last edited:
Caporegime
AMD think if its not as easy as possible devs wouldn't bother at all because who cares about the 19% marketshare holder.

AMD do need to be more proactive in insuring the quality of this tech, its quite important for handhelds and that is a market completely dominated by AMD.

There are other things that AMD also do not require which i think they should, all these hardhelds need to have an AMD logo on them, so do the consoles, Intel make MSI put their logo on the Claw because they want the brand recognition, they understand the value of that.

Back
Top Bottom