Apple vs Samsung, court orders Samsung to show Apple 5 new phones

Associate
Don't samsung supply a lot of the components that make up the iphone? If Apple are suing them, they would just refuse to supply them in the future. In the grand scheme of things, Apple is a tiny nothing of company compared to Samsung

Last article I read about this, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Samsung get around $8 billion per year in revenue from Apple, hardly small change. Their total revenue is around $120 billion dollars, so around 7% of their revenue comes from Apple components. Might not be a big portion, but I'm sure their shareholders would be none too pleased to lose this market.

And as for Apple being nothing compared to Samsung, not sure I agree with that. Wish I could find the article now as I'm terrible at remembering these things, but most of Samsung's market is low-profit, mass produced stuff plus they have little cash in the bank. Whereas Apple are high-profit and have around $70 billion sitting in the bank.

Soldato
And as for Apple being nothing compared to Samsung, not sure I agree with that. Wish I could find the article now as I'm terrible at remembering these things, but most of Samsung's market is low-profit, mass produced stuff plus they have little cash in the bank. Whereas Apple are high-profit and have around $70 billion sitting in the bank.

Samsung is a multinational conglomerate corporation which is the biggest electronics company in the world and the biggest conglomerate. They have commercial and military concerns too. Parts of the company are involved in shipbuilding,military robotics and development of armoured vehicles. They are even involved in things such as life insurance. You really underestimate how massive a company they are and Samsung as a group made over $170 billion in revenue in 2009. They had assets of around $295 billion dollars(Apple had around $75 billion in 2010) and over $110 billion dollars in equity in 2009 too(Apple had around $48 billion in 2010). Samsung electronics did make around 60% of the profits of the group in 2009 though, although it only comprised around 33% of its assets. Samsung Telecommunications is one of the five units which comprise Samsung Electronics.

Apple is doing very well but Samsung is a much bigger company which has a more diverse range of investments.

Last edited:
Associate
Ouch, what about those who already own a 10.1? (got it for free/from eBay)?

Also i've skip read this, but why only in Australia? Surely it won't be much of a big issue, since the majority of Aus' is the outback?

I would think revenue would be stable enough from USA/European Sales and of course, Asian sales.

Also will people in Aus' be able to import the 10.1 or buy from say eBay and have it shipped to them?

Man of Honour
Looks like Apple are winning...

German Apple suit ruling blocks Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 sale in Europe

The plot thickens yet again in the seemingly endless patent war between Apple and Samsung. A new ruling by a regional court in Dusseldorf, Germany has granted Cupertino a preliminary injunction, blocking the sale and advertising of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 across Europe, save for the Netherlands. Samsung can still appeal the ruling -- in the meanwhile, however, the decision will stand. According to The Telegraph, the likely appeal will take about a month to be heard by the judge who granted the injunction.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/08/09/german-apple-suit-ruling-blocks-samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-sale-in/

Soldato
Very low, screams of "toys out the pram" syndrome.
The Samsung product is, in my eyes, the superior bit of kit.

If you can't beat them, tell tales and get them in trouble. It's the Apple way.

Man of Honour
Very low, screams of "toys out the pram" syndrome.
The Samsung product is, in my eyes, the superior bit of kit.

While some people think so, on the whole it really isn't.

If you can't beat them, tell tales and get them in trouble. It's the Apple way.

It's just business, it seems petty but everyone does it, Apple just seem to have a superior legal team.

I don't think Apple are too worried about beating everyone, because generally, they already are :p

Back
Top Bottom