Arctic Freezer III now available.....

Associate
I just used the single connector as I was happy with that before.

It's the 360, but my case can take a 420 top and front, noise level seems about the same. I can't tell any difference really.

My old 360 cooler is going to go in my daughter Phanteks Eclipse P400 Air case, when I upgrade her cpu.
That sounds good then. I’ve got the 360 A-RGB to fit in my p600s but with all the reports of them being noisy I was in two minds whether to return it.

Soldato
Can anyone explain why the 140mm fans with the A-RGB version have a higher rpm than the non-RGB ones?
And how are the non-RGB ones slower but offering higher static pressure and airflow?

How can the fans be so different?

Soldato
OP
I just followed the animated online fitting that included....

ARCTIC-Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB-User-Manual.png

Associate
Haven't fitted my 360 yet but plot of people saying the pump is loud, is this true?
I’ve just fitted my 360 and don’t find the pump loud at all. From mine most of the noise seems to come from the fans and that’s only when it starts to get over 70% on the curve. I’m driving mine off the single cable and set the curve in the bios.

Soldato
OP
I do prefer to control my fans through software, the software could use the BIOS settings, if set.

Then again I am using individual cables for control, perhaps more because of the novelty than the need...

Fans.png

With all the fans being pretty low, the system is all but silent when running light loads etc.
I can hear the pump, but only when it is running at a much higher speed.
Perhaps those who are noting it are, like me, controlling it manually for the first time.

Soldato
Just picked up the AF III 360 RGB for a Zen 5 build i'll be doing later this year as frankly the price was to good to say no but i'll need a new case which I was planning to get anyway.

Would want to top mount it but is there a list of compatible cases anywhere? I was thinking of the lian li lancool III which says it supports 360 top mounted but obviously the rad is thicker on these so just interested to know if anyone has this case with an AF II/III 360 top mounted.

Last edited:
Associate
Would want to top mount it but is there a list of compatible cases anywhere? I was thinking of the lian li lancool III which says it supports 360 top mounted but obviously the rad is thicker on these so just interested to know if anyone has this case with an AF II/III 360 top mounted.

Check the first post for the list of compatible cases.

Soldato
The 360 fitted in my Phanteks P600s no problems. One mistake I made was not connect the single header cpu thing to the pump until id fitted it. Seems ok though. I ran Cinebench 24 and it was 60c/67c my Peerless Assasin was 72c. Idle about 34c. Im connected to the Cpu header on the motherboard is that ok? I just need to sort out a fan curve now. Was not too bad too fit apart from the expected difficulty tightning the threads on the pump.

Soldato
This video shows what seems to be a very easy way of fitting the pump to AMD and Intel motherboards. (from 19:50)

It also explains that the torx screwdriver is just to remove the stock Intel CPU holder.

Associate
Can anyone explain why the 140mm fans with the A-RGB version have a higher rpm than the non-RGB ones?
And how are the non-RGB ones slower but offering higher static pressure and airflow?

How can the fans be so different?
Different fans. The non-RGB uses the classic P12 or P14 (depending on radiator size, obviously). Very long blades, susceptible to humming at certain rpm range. 900-1000rpm for the P12.
The ARGB versions uses a fan that have shorter blades, but they’re kind of contained inside a ring, similar to some Asus fans. They won’t present the same humming noise down the range as the non-RGB fans would.
For the AIO, shouldn’t be a noticeable difference.

Soldato
I tried to fit one to a X670E Gene, despite the Arctic website saying it was compatible it blocked access to the PCIe slot. Doh!

Did look like a nice bit of kit though.

Back
Top Bottom