Arctic Freezer III now available.....

Soldato
OP
I tried to fit one to a X670E Gene, despite the Arctic website saying it was compatible it blocked access to the PCIe slot. Doh!

Did look like a nice bit of kit though.

I gave them a ring to check on the connections when I was fitting mine, great to help. However you should contact them and mention it, especially as the board you noted is on their compatibility list.

How annoying for you, going through that to find it could not fit.

Good luck on getting it back in that triangular shaped box, I needed to take lots of photos of the unboxing, that helped. Well it helped my wife to do it for me :D

Last edited:
Associate
Another crappy photo, always good to set the bar low.....

IMG-20240226-121017.jpg

Looks good mate. I should be setting mine up next week

Soldato
OP
Looks good mate. I should be setting mine up next week

Thanks, all the best when fitting yours. What size did you go for?

Looking at my case, and all the room on the right, I'm reminded that not long ago that would be filled with a single 5.25" bay and a stack of 3.5", all full of mechanical HD's.

Corsair made some use of it, as a rear panel for more fans in certain cases they make.

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, all the best when fitting yours. What size did you go for?

Looking at my case, and all the room on the right, I'm reminded that not long ago that would be filled with a single 5.25" bay and a stack of 3.5", all full of mechanical HD's.

Corsair made some use of it, as a rear panel for more fans in certain cases they make.

I went for a 360. Its going in a O11 XL

Soldato
I gave them a ring to check on the connections when I was fitting mine, great to help. However you should contact them and mention it, especially as the board you noted is on their compatibility list.

How annoying for you, going through that to find it could not fit.

Good luck on getting it back in that triangular shaped box, I needed to take lots of photos of the unboxing, that helped. Well it helped my wife to do it for me :D
Sold my old one on the mm, god that packing drove me mad for a bit.

pre

pre

Associate
Silly q but not sure I saw it covered in the GN review - obviously you are meant to use the supplied contact frame but is there something fundamentally different from the TR/TG contact frames that would prevent you using them instead?

Soldato
OP
Silly q but not sure I saw it covered in the GN review - obviously you are meant to use the supplied contact frame but is there something fundamentally different from the TR/TG contact frames that would prevent you using them instead?

You would not be able to screw the block into those contact frames due to how the supplied one is designed, with the fitting holes for the block in the centre.

Last edited:
Reactions: pre
Associate
i had a contact frame when i was using my arctic freezer II 360, cant say there's much difference with the new version 3, but it was cheap and I'm happy since its a replacement for my old one that has a few years of wear on it. like that the pipes can be moved too.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Considering some thinner fans to get my III 280 mounted in the roof of my case. Do we think I'd lose much performance if I mounted it with Jonsbo HF1415s in place of the stock Arctic P14s? The Jonsbo fans are 15mm thick instead of the 27mm that the stock ones measure.

Just to come back to this, I went with Arctic P14 Slim fans in the end. Rad is now up in the roof as an exhaust, and I repurposed one of the stock fans as a front case fan blowing intake air at the graphics card.

Soldato
I do prefer to control my fans through software, the software could use the BIOS settings, if set.

Then again I am using individual cables for control, perhaps more because of the novelty than the need...

Fans.png

With all the fans being pretty low, the system is all but silent when running light loads etc.
I can hear the pump, but only when it is running at a much higher speed.
Perhaps those who are noting it are, like me, controlling it manually for the first time.

That's cool. I'm using Argus monitor too. Your board has an impressive amount of fan ports.

I like that this new version looks better than the old one, the cpu block and pipes are a big ugly on II.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If I ever get a case one will fit in, I will be too I think.

Good luck on that. Whilst my Meshify 2 XL is somewhat large, understatement, it does come into its own for room to fit AIO's etc.

That's cool. I'm using Argus monitor too. Your board has an impressive amount of fan ports.

I like that this new version looks better than the old one, the cpu block and pipes are a big ugly on II.

Thanks, IIRC it has a total of six fan headers, each one capable of supporting 2A, even though the pump header is running on the designated port it could have gone on any of the others.
I never thought of it has having a lot of headers, probably something that I would need to look for at some point in the future when it is being changed.
Argus monitor is also controlling the RGB aspect of the AIO. I have been impressed with it for some time now, great software that gets regular updates.

Arctic are really knocking it out of the park with these. My new go to for friends and family rigs!

I just would have kicked myself missing out on the price they have been sold at and waiting until I needed one.

Soldato
OP
Dont be too hard on your self it was the only thing I dont like about the original and its a welcome site in the III.

Yup, I'm happy enough leaving the pump at a relatively low speed. Whilst watching the GN review it was noted that the III revision could have the potential to be a little nosier than the II. I don't have means to test one against the other but, with manually controlling the three types of fans, it is nice and quiet in use. When under heavy load it is usually the GPU that is also loaded and the 4080 fans are noticeable, not in a bad way.

Back
Top Bottom