Asgard Wrath TWO

Associate
10/10 !!
Wasn’t really looking forward to this previously as found the first one got boring after a while. Compared to Skyrim for example gameplay was just so thin IMO.
Had a look to see if this was finally my justification to get a Quest 3 (plus all the head strap and lens costs).
Then watched this comparison video, and now not sure again if it’s worth the upgrade cost :

“Minimal difference”

Soldato
Yes, tomorrow it's finally released. Came bundled for free with my Quest 3 and I guess the same for everyone here. I played Skyrim in 2011 which took me 3 months of playing everyday and completing every side quest as well as the main campaign. It was brilliant fun but I'm not sure if I want to get involved in another similar game, even bigger and even more time consuming. I'll see. I'll certainly have a little play just to see what I think.

Associate
I never played AW1 even though it was free to me, i'm deffo going to give AW2 a go given the reviews and hype around it. With it being standalone this time it appeals to me a bit more too, i'm coming round to see the attraction of standalone.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it coming to psvr 2?
Meta standalone exclusive I believe. Not even PCVR at the moment. It may eventually come to PSVR2, but it would probably depend on total headset sales to judge whether it would be worth it. How's the PSVR2 doing?

Not sure it'll even come to PCVR to be honest. It's a headset seller by the looks of it, meta are going to happily hold onto that for as long as they can, they're already the dominate force in VR, and with current prices for the q2, that'll only get stronger.

Soldato
Just played 30-45 minutes. Not in any real open space (think I'm about to get there, not sure). It's gorgeous so far, absolutely lovely. Love throwing the weapons as always. Dodge is nice. Only had to do some combat, but I'm hopeful so far. Definitely want to keep playing more, so far it feels special.

Soldato
i need to hurry up and finish the 1st one, Damit !
There's a quick breakdown on what happens in the first one (which I did, since I don't want to miss anything), but AW1 is great fun anyway, so I'd play through it.

Decided to play on the highest difficulty, so far, even with basic enemies, it's fun and a challenge. There's way to trigger weak points, and finishers etc, so I need to work those out, but you don't need them to kill things, they just speed it up from what I can tell.

Played a bit more, maybe another 30 minutes, I wasn't outside before, I'm now one puzzle room away (I can see the sky at least). Combat at first was very "button mash" for me, but I'm trying to work on proper parrying and deflecting projectiles now, seems to work better, and with more enemies, "mashing" doesn't work well enough.

Back
Top Bottom