ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Soldato
A thread for owners to list any issues. I have just finished setting up the following:

7950X
ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360mm
32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR5 Vengeance, PC5-44800 (5600), CAS 36, AMD EXPO
ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI
PowerColor 6900XT
RMx 1000W PSU
WD_Black 850X 1TB Gen 4 (OS drive)
Force MP510 2TB Gen 3 (Games and data)
3 SATA SSD's
Win 11 Pro

I updated the BIOS to 0821 using flash back, was difficult to tell it was working as the activity LED is hard to see.
I did not think the ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360mm would work with AM5 but it does so thats good.
Expo is easy to set, has a button on main BIOS page and seems to work fine.
Wanted to set ECO Mode to 105W, this was difficult to find but it has it and it seems to work.
was hard to Install Win 11 as it has an issue with the nic driver. Had to:
  1. On the “Oops, you’ve lost internet connection” or “Let’s connect you to a network” page, use the Shift + F10 keyboard shortcut.
  2. In Command Prompt, type the OOBE\BYPASSNRO command to bypass network requirements on Windows 11 and press Enter.
  3. The computer will restart automatically, and the out-of-box experience (OOBE) will start again.
  4. Click the “I don’t have internet” option.
  5. Click the “Continue with limited setup” option.
This worked. I then updated the nic driver from a usb and that sorter the internet.
I have not tested the WIFI as I dont use it.
Have not had any other issues so far.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm having issues with this motherboard or something else in the system.

Running 7950X3D and having

- WiFi card stop detecting any networks until reboot
- Hung application/ Windows which results in machine auto restarting

Have you had any issues down the line now?

Soldato
OP
I'm having issues with this motherboard or something else in the system.

Running 7950X3D and having

- WiFi card stop detecting any networks until reboot
- Hung application/ Windows which results in machine auto restarting

Have you had any issues down the line now?
I don’t use WIFI, have it disabled in the BIOS, have had some network issues but it could be my rooter as the only way to fix it is restarting the rooter. I have not had any other issues, been very stable overall. A new BIOS was released today (1616), I just updated to that. been ok so far, give the new BIOS a try and see if its better.

Soldato
I don’t use WIFI, have it disabled in the BIOS, have had some network issues but it could be my rooter as the only way to fix it is restarting the rooter. I have not had any other issues, been very stable overall. A new BIOS was released today (1616), I just updated to that. been ok so far, give the new BIOS a try and see if its better.
Interesting. What temps you seeing on the VRMS and Chipset?

I'm getting 70C IDLE on my xHCI Chipset, which seems way too high to me.

Associate
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread but had anyone used the CPU offset for the arctic aio on this board , looking at it I'm not sure if it would clear the M2 slot heatsink ? @FredFlint have you had any issues with yours ?

Soldato
OP
Cheers, might jump on am5 and this board, always go ASUS even though they took some **** lately.
I still think this is one of the best options for the price. Been solid so far and have seen it for ~£310 which is £40 less than I paid. I don’t overclock though and am using ECO 65W so it’s not been pushed as hard as it could be. Will probably switch to ECO 105W if it starts to feel slow.

Soldato
Which would you recommend as an alternative to this board? not good hearing about the coil whine noise

MSI Carbon X670e for me. There's £50 MSI cashback at the moment and a further £16 pound Steam Credit for leaving a review. The motherboard is excellent and all NVMe slots can be used without limiting the GPU.

Last edited:
Associate
Not got this board yet, but looked up the coil whine stuff and it is assorted boards, though I personally didn't find any coil whine anecdotes for this particular model.

Pre-price drop, the MSI Carbon X670e with the cashback would be a good alternative, but with how cheap this board can be found, going for a similar spec X670 seems like a significant price premium.

Only really considering this Asus board due to it being one of the cheapest AM5 board that has some basic features we no longer get on mainstream boards nowadays (but there was no issues having similar features on £70 boards back in pre-Ryzen times). Both Jayz2Cents and GamersNexus on YT have also raised this issue with motherboards nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom