ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Soldato
OP
I set my fans in Asus BIOS (tuned) for CPU/case fans, my 7900XT I set in the AMD Adrenalin software so GPU fans are at zero RPM mode ie browsing etc so less power used, very quiet PC and no heat issues at all even with long gaming where RPM on fans kicks in but not loud, easy to check GPU hotspot etc ....
I do also, using power saver drops idle power more than anything although my sn850x is ~5-10C cooler using power saver mode.

Soldato
Does anyone know if this board is compatible with the Liquid freezer 3? I know the F version of the board is, but the I version isn’t. Anyone using this AIO at all ?
I can confirm yes, yes it is compatible. I'm using this board and arctic freezer iii 360. No problems. Case is phantek P600S.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Just an update about my Intel NIC issues:
Since upgrading from a VM Hub 3 to a VM Hub 5, the dropped connection problems seem to have gone, even when using windows power saver mode. I had also tried a Netgear 7500 router and that had the same drops problem. Anyway, its saved me £25 as I don’t need to buy a 2.5GB USB NIC which is good.

Soldato
Just an update about my Intel NIC issues:
Since upgrading from a VM Hub 3 to a VM Hub 5, the dropped connection problems seem to have gone, even when using windows power saver mode. I had also tried a Netgear 7500 router and that had the same drops problem. Anyway, its saved me £25 as I don’t need to buy a 2.5GB USB NIC which is good.

SH3 has never been not great, when I was with Virgin I ran it in "modem mode", had the odd dropout for a minute or few seconds back then on my old PC, could have been my powerline adaptors but every since I ran a long ethernet CAT7 cable from router to my old PC was better, when I changed to Community fibre ISP and used my new PC with Asus B650E Gaming E board, zero issues with internet. Powerline adaptors are boxed away since installing ethernet cable.

Last edited:
Soldato
New chipset drivers out. Updated today, no issues

Had a very weird issue installing these (first time ever since previous ones never had any problems) it was stuck on installing chipset drivers for 30 mins plus, did have another text window pop up about default directory not there etc ... Anyway I cancelled install of these after 30 mins ,rebooted PC and behold the drivers were listed as installed in apps add/remove section with todays date and new version chipset number etc.. Anyway seems ok now but weird no less.

Going to run some games to make sure etc... No issues with games all good :) .

Last edited:
Soldato
New BIOS released! Mine updated fine, get it here.

ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI BIOS 2613

Version 2613
12.86 MB 2024/04/17
"Update AGESA version to Combo 1.1.7.0 patch A to support next generation AMD Ryzen™ processors
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SB650EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer."

Back
Top Bottom