ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Soldato
OP
I have been running the new BIOS since release, have not had any bad issues but the PC does seem slower for some stuff (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Android Emulator), builds take much longer. I don’t bother setting EXPO anymore as most issues users are having are memory issues and I use this PC for work. That said EXPO worked fine for me using 5600 RAM.

Soldato
Installed fine here as well, I never bother getting them from Asus website, always go to AMD for chipset/video drivers, same for Intel ie get my LAN drivers from them. I'll say now I have moved to 1Gb speed with my new Community Fibre ISP , still no issues with my LAN all rock solid and excellent stability. I did try WiFi for awhile ie for a few days but had no issues with latest MediaTek WiFi drivers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is the WI-FI disconnect issue resolved on this board now? As it's likely to be my first AM5 board.

Like my post above I've zero issues with LAN or WiFI, had my board since October so always been using the lastest drivers and BIOS when they are released. I never bother getting drivers from Asus and go to AMD, Intel, MediaTek depending on the driver in question when it is updated.

Very happy with my board as a gamer :) .

Associate
What ram is everyone using with these?
Using,

Corsair Vengeance RGB Grey 32GB 6000MHz AMD EXPO DDR5 (2x16GB) Memory Kit (CMH32GX5M2B6000Z30K)​

Had to set memory speed/timings manually as Expo was a bit meh (Just done the latest Bios update and may be better with Expo, but haven't tested yet) But it's been solid.

Last edited:
Soldato
New Bios released again, mine updated fine.

ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI BIOS 2413

Version 2413
11.24 MB 2024/02/07
"Disable STAPM of AM5 Ryzen™ 8000 processors to improve system performance.
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SB650EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer"

Soldato
Had mine for almost a year now. Never had any coil whine, only problem is the rubbish NIC.

I thought I would give you an update on my Intel Nic, moved from Virgin to Community Fibre ISP in Jan due to being cheaper and also end of contract with Virgin, anyway been rock solid on my 1GB connection, had my new PC around four months now so long enough to see if any issues would appear.
Using latest driver and BIOS FYI.

Cooler wise for other users using a Deepcool AG500 air cooler on EXP1 setting , does the job and no heat issues, I do game a lot :) .

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I thought I would give you an update on my Intel Nic, moved from Virgin to Community Fibre ISP in Jan due to being cheaper and also end of contract with Virgin, anyway been rock solid on my 1GB connection, had my new PC around four months now so long enough to see if any issues would appear.
Using latest driver and BIOS FYI.

Cooler wise for other users using a Deepcool AG500 air cooler on EXP1 setting , does the job and no heat issues, I do game a lot :) .
I think mine might have stopped working correctly when I started using Windows Power Saver Mode, I cannot be 100% but it was about the same time. Anyway, the USB NIC works fine so I have no desire to use the Intel one ever again. I need a stable NIC for work so not going to risk an Intel NIC.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think mine might have stopped working correctly when I started using Windows Power Saver Mode, I cannot be 100% but it was about the same time. Anyway, the USB NIC works fine so I have no desire to use the Intel one ever again. I need a stable NIC for work so not going to risk an Intel NIC.

Might be worth trying this, someone with a Asus B650E-I Motherboard fixed it by following the same steps in this video below >> https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/15e5bvf/rog_strix_b650ei_motherboard_ethernet_not_working/

Back
Top Bottom