ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Associate
hello guys. sorry to jump on this post but think it is the best place to ask for advice since you have the same board. is it ok to complete the build load up windows then flash or would you recommend using the bios flashback before completing the build?

Soldato
OP
I flashed to the newest BIOS first. I don’t use flashback with this board as it’s a pain to know if it’s doing it as the LED is hard to see, I just do the flash from inside the BIOS, it’s also easier as getting the USB drive format correct can be a problem.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would only use the BIOS flashback for CPUs not supported by older BIOS ie if it has an older BIOS that's needs newer BIOS for new CPUs if it's one of them you are installing/using, personally if it's a cpu supported by your present motherboard BIOS I would do BIOS update within BIOS ie before installing Windows then install Windows after, does not really matter since there will be a few BIOS updates down the road once you have Windows installed, think I have done three BIOS updates on my Asus board since last October after Windows was installed, it did have latest BIOS before Windows was installed, but Asus are pretty good at releasing regular BIOS updates.

Best advice I can give you is don't update BIOS within Windows ie Windows BIOS updating software , always boot to BIOS and do it in there via USB etc ...

Asus BIOS updating guide here .

Also Asus website tells you which cpu is supported by BIOS version etc so pretty easy to check.

Last edited:
Associate
I did use flashback before installing the windows, as well as updating for newer versions of bios. To me it’s very convenient way and safe too.

Associate
Does anyone know if this board is compatible with the Liquid freezer 3? I know the F version of the board is, but the I version isn’t. Anyone using this AIO at all ?

Associate
I have had two problems with this motherboard practically since purchase.
Black screen during boot. Sometimes unplugging the DVI and plugging in the HDMI helps, but usually I have to switch the PC off and on again.
2. during boot, restart or recovery from hibernation, the Asus logo appears and stays on for a few seconds. No response to pressing keys on the keyboard. After several seconds it enters the bios by itself. No internal drives detected. After switching off and on it usually boots up correctly the first or second time.
I have now restored the default settings and the first few reboots were successful apart from one black screen from point 1. Same on every bios. The options I had previously enabled before restoring the default options are: Memory context restore, Power something enable, resize bar, OC RAM at 6000mhz.
Anyone had something similar during boot and dealt with it?
If the problem doesn't resolve, I'll be looking for other RAM.

Associate
I have had two problems with this motherboard practically since purchase.
Black screen during boot. Sometimes unplugging the DVI and plugging in the HDMI helps, but usually I have to switch the PC off and on again.
2. during boot, restart or recovery from hibernation, the Asus logo appears and stays on for a few seconds. No response to pressing keys on the keyboard. After several seconds it enters the bios by itself. No internal drives detected. After switching off and on it usually boots up correctly the first or second time.
I have now restored the default settings and the first few reboots were successful apart from one black screen from point 1. Same on every bios. The options I had previously enabled before restoring the default options are: Memory context restore, Power something enable, resize bar, OC RAM at 6000mhz.
Anyone had something similar during boot and dealt with it?
If the problem doesn't resolve, I'll be looking for other RAM.
Yep I occasionally have a black screen on booting up. I have not managed yet to see what is causing it.
I'm running a7800X3D, 32gb G-Skill ram and a Sapphire 7900XTX nitro+

Associate
If i hibernate windows for more than 2 hours, there is a 50% chance that it will take me straight to the bios and none of the booting drives will show up.
Originally I have installed Windows on a 2TB m2 drive, but then I have used a cloning software to copy the whole drive to a different m2 drive. Is there a chance that this have something to do with the drives disappearing from the bios?

Man of Honour
If i hibernate windows for more than 2 hours, there is a 50% chance that it will take me straight to the bios and none of the booting drives will show up.
Originally I have installed Windows on a 2TB m2 drive, but then I have used a cloning software to copy the whole drive to a different m2 drive. Is there a chance that this have something to do with the drives disappearing from the bios?
I'd turn off fast start-up and hibernate functions are kind of notorious for having problems, so it might just be a BIOS bug that will get fixed with a later update.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They didn't fix it for a year. I doubt they will fix it.
Unfortunately that's possible. Sometimes you can fiddle with stuff like the PCI-E power management to try and head the problem off, but the trouble is, if you disable all the energy saving features it kind of defeats the point of using the sleep slates in the first place.

Soldato
Does anyone know if this board is compatible with the Liquid freezer 3? I know the F version of the board is, but the I version isn’t. Anyone using this AIO at all ?

You can always send an email to them for the answer to that. I would think you should be fine IMHO.

Soldato

I use 2TB Samsung 980 Pro m2 drive for Windows even 2TB Samsung EVO SSD, 2TB T7 Samsung SSD USB C drive, 2TB Seagate mechanical HD, 4TB Toshiba mechancial HD , 1TB USB 3.0 Verbatmin drive all with no issues on my board, all I can suggest like the others have stated is turn fast start up off in Windows, also fast bootup off in BIOS ( boot section), let the BIOS do memory check for ram, (I use 2x32GB 5600Mhz) and you should be fine, the extra bootup time does not bother me since I only turn PC on once a day and off at night.

Btw mine was a fresh install of Win11 Home with no cloning, all my important stuff is on backup drives.

Last edited:
Associate

Cloning the drive wouldn’t make any difference. I’ve got the same board and it’s rock solid with my 7800X3D, 4080FE and Corsair 6000 C36 Samsung RAM. Never had a single issue booting and I have fast startup etc enabled.

Associate
I'd turn off fast start-up and hibernate functions are kind of notorious for having problems, so it might just be a BIOS bug that will get fixed with a later update.
Thank you. That was it. I disabled fast boot in bios and this solved all the boot problems. I know it's only been a couple of days, but I ran different scenarios: cold boot, wake up from hibernation/sleep, reboots. I have booted the pc over 50 times and every time it has been flawless. You have saved me a lot of money. I was supposed to buy a new ram this week. If that didn't solve it, I was going to buy a new m2 drive, and finally I was going to throw the asus out the window and buy a new board. Thanks a lot.

Soldato
OP
Just upgraded my internet to 1Gb and got a new hub that has a 2.5Gb port so decided to give the Intel NIC one last try before buying a 2.5Gb USB NIC. I set Windows Power to balanced, it was on power saver. I think the power saver mode might have something to do with the problem, also disabled fast boot just in case. Anyway, it’s been ok for about 4 hours so far.

Soldato
As a gamer mine is on high power setting, still zero issues with my Intel NIC and 1GB Community Fibre ISP, rock solid :).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As a gamer mine is on high power setting, still zero issues with my Intel NIC and 1GB Community Fibre ISP, rock solid :).
I always used Balanced (AMD recommended this) for AMD PC's though I did switch to power saver a few months ago, think that’s what the Intel NIC does not like. It a shame as it drops power\temps\fans and the performance is almost same.

Soldato
I always used Balanced (AMD recommended this) for AMD PC's though I did switch to power saver a few months ago, think that’s what the Intel NIC does not like. It a shame as it drops power\temps\fans and the performance is almost same.

I set my fans in Asus BIOS (tuned) for CPU/case fans, my 7900XT I set in the AMD Adrenalin software so GPU fans are at zero RPM mode when at lower temps ie browsing etc so less power used, very quiet PC and no heat issues at all even with long gaming where RPM on fans kicks in but not loud, easy to adjust fan curve RPM/temps for GPU in tuning/ advanced control section and to check GPU hotspot etc ....

It makes a big difference from default loud settings in gaming to quiet with temps still under control and less power due to lower fan speeds etc...Good case cooling always helps ie 3x 140mm case fans and 1x120mm rear in my case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom