ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI owners thread***

Soldato
OP
Might be worth trying this, someone with a Asus B650E-I Motherboard fixed it by following the same steps in this video below >> https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/15e5bvf/rog_strix_b650ei_motherboard_ethernet_not_working/

I wouldn’t call running a 2.5GB NIC at 100Mb a fix. The easiest fix is just to disable it in the BIOS and spend £10 on a USB NIC that works as advertised 100% of the time without changing any settings. Both Intel and ASUS know about the problem and are doing nothing to address it, I’m surprised a class action has not kicked off.

Soldato
I wouldn’t call running a 2.5GB NIC at 100Mb a fix. The easiest fix is just to disable it in the BIOS and spend £10 on a USB NIC that works as advertised 100% of the time without changing any settings. Both Intel and ASUS know about the problem and are doing nothing to address it, I’m surprised a class action has not kicked off.
Yeah true, there was also supposed to be a firmware fix I remember reading. I only have a cheapo 20Mb connection anyway, so its no big deal for me, I did at one point have 100Mb connection not that 95% of downloads came anywhere near that anyway. I wonder if there is any liability in terms of the law, for not fit for purpose - advertising breach? Maybe a trading standards action against ASUS / Intel or something, I'm not sure how it all works.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to say I had a right battle with this motherboard B650 E-E had no internet connection at all during installation of windows as it couldn't detect Wi-Fi or even network plugged in. Eventually got sorted by downloading drivers but what a hassle. Haven't had much time to test but will do today. My windows licence key won't activate now so I'll need to source a new one. And see if I can set this expo thing in bios, I just selected 6000mhz, hopefully I'm over the worst of it now lol.

Soldato
Have to say I had a right battle with this motherboard B650 E-E had no internet connection at all during installation of windows as it couldn't detect Wi-Fi or even network plugged in. Eventually got sorted by downloading drivers but what a hassle. Haven't had much time to test but will do today. My windows licence key won't activate now so I'll need to source a new one. And see if I can set this expo thing in bios, I just selected 6000mhz, hopefully I'm over the worst of it now lol.

I have had zero issues with WifI or Wired ethernet, however I did have an issue where my Windows key became deactivated for some reason after a few weeks last October (legit key cost me over £100 from well known PC website). I was on the phone to Microsoft for over a hour and even they could not get it to activate with my key or their keys.

In the end all they could advise was to reinstall Win11 Home which worked (could have been a Windows update or corrupted registry that caused it). Motherboard wise zero issues and I game a lot and use Asus B650E Gaming E onboard sound with EXP1 setting and Intel NIC at 1GB speed. I was quite shocked how good the onboard sound was (no crackles or pops, very clear), always used a seperate add on sound card since my first one ie Creative Lab Soundblaster 16 days, Asus Xonar DX in my backup PC, onboard sound is more then good enough for gaming.

Driver wise I get them from Intel (NIC), Mediatek (WiFi) or AMD (Chipset drivers and my 7900XT). I only go to Asus for software/ BIOS updates.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Had the same problem when installing Windows 11, had to use the consol to enter a command to bypass forced Microsoft account BS and network test, then instal the NIC driver after setup. The only problem I have had in > 1 year is network issues and since I switched to a USB NIC that’s no longer a problem and I use the PC 10-14 hours a day. Overall, the board has been solid.

Associate
Same here, internet would not be recognised. Was a right pain in the arse to fix and get right but all working good now. No issue's so far after the initial internet set-up issue's

Soldato
After installing everything it's all working very well now and I'm impressed how fast and smooth games are compared to my old system. The 7800X3D really is excellent. I feel like I'm getting the full potential out of my 4090 now, although saying that gpuz is saying my 16X cpu slot is running at 8x Maybes because I'm using the sata ports? But overall I'm very pleased with the upgrades.

Soldato
After installing everything it's all working very well now and I'm impressed how fast and smooth games are compared to my old system. The 7800X3D really is excellent. I feel like I'm getting the full potential out of my 4090 now, although saying that gpuz is saying my 16X cpu slot is running at 8x Maybes because I'm using the sata ports? But overall I'm very pleased with the upgrades.

Says in the manual page 7 under "expansion slots" about it will be running in 8x mode if using M2_3 slot. So use a different slot if possible for your SSD.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm using 2*m.2 and 3*SATA ports and the bottom 4x slot for a sound card and my GPU runs at 16x gen 4. The GPU only drop to 8x if you use the second 16x slot or the M2_3 slot.

Soldato
I'm using 2*m.2 and 3*SATA ports and the bottom 4x slot for a sound card and my GPU runs at 16x gen 4. The GPU only drop to 8x if you use the second 16x slot or the M2_3 slot.
That explains it thanks. I'll change it. :)
Although saying that I've read the difference between 16X and 8X is none of nothing noticeable?

Last edited:
Associate
Not a single issue with the ethernet connection on my board since buying it about a month ago. I get above my 500Mb paid for speed whenever I have tested and not had a single drop out.
The only issue I have been having is with unresponsive system in general when either at the Windows login screen or when just loading in to Windows. The strange thing is it doesn't happen all of the time.
Been trying to work out if it is Corsair icue causing the issue or something to do with the memory tweaks I have done.
When it does play ball it works brilliantly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to give the Intel NIC another chance, the driver Windows installed is newer than the one on the ASUS site so fingers crossed.

There is also the chance your NIC could be faulty, has happened before, anyway fingers crossed :) .

FYI mine is 2.1.4.2 dated Oct 2023.

Asus website one is dated March 2023 ie 2.1.3.3, virtually year old.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is also the chance your NIC could be faulty, has happened before, anyway fingers crossed :) .

FYI mine is 2.1.4.2 dated Oct 2023.
Had one dropout so far but it did come back so did not need to restart which is better. The driver version is: 2.1.3.15, where did you get 2.1.4.2?

Soldato
Had one dropout so far but it did come back so did not need to restart which is better. The driver version is: 2.1.3.15, where did you get 2.1.4.2?

I have Driver booster Pro 11 installed, here .

Btw another way is just type "Intel 2.1.4.2 drivers" in Google you'll get links.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The internet was feeling a bit slow so did a speed test and the NIC was running at 100Mb. Had to restart to get it back to full speed. I just switched back to the USB NIC as that works.

Soldato
FredFlint; Sounds like your Intel NIC is faulty IMHO, mine is still working great at full speed with zero dropouts in either browsing ,gaming or streaming.

Back
Top Bottom