Autumn Budget 2015

Associate
Less than 1% of the tax you pay goes on tax credits, go get angry about MPs awarding themselves an 11% pay rise.

So MP's running the country get £74,000pa and GP's handing out antibiotics like smarties get £101,000. http://www.payscale.com/research/UK/Job=Physician_%2F_Doctor,_General_Practice/Salary

Would you rather MP's get paid the UK average salary of £26,500? Who would put up with all the **** MP's have to put up with from their constituents plus living away from home most of the year to attend parliament?

Man of Honour
Oh its a lie the current chancellor said the deficit would be slashed/cut in 2015 is it ? Yet we currently have massive borrowing than ever before FACT.

Sorry he is incompetent and every single conservative government since the 1940s has been incompetent along with him. Apart from keeping the rich even richer.

Sorry but you've just made yourself sound like a prize fool mate!

Caporegime
Who created that, oh yeah the tories, how convenient.

well with people like you wanting to moan regardless of what they do it is probably quite useful to create an independent body.....

then again you still manage to moan about it and blame the politicians/the tories etc...

Associate
Alternatively you have 2 parents, both working full time, and you get a few quid extra a month to help with childcare costs which would otherwise equate to a quarter of your household income.

I'm sick of people judging everyone who receives tax credits are the "dirty scroungers" the media portrays. There are a lot of people who go out there and work damned hard for their money but happen to earn less than the national average. You want to try doing that and still be expected to pay £650 a month to send you kid to nursery.

What's the alternative? Give up work, stay at home with kiddo and claim more benefits instead? Or should I just "work harder" and do 60 hours instead of 40?

:mad: /rant

My missus wants us to have another kid but I said no as we can't afford to have a 3rd.

Who do I write to in order to report this infringement on my human rights?

Soldato
My missus wants us to have another kid but I said no as we can't afford to have a 3rd.

Who do I write to in order to report this infringement on my human rights?

We have ONE child. Nursery costs have risen 15% in the last 2 years - a damned site more than wages have gone up.

Do you suggest we become a nation where only people paying higher rate tax can be parents?

We still pay out a hell of a lot more in tax and NI than we get back and thus are net contributors to the economy yet so many people on here would brand me a "scrounger" for it and I'm sick of hearing it.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the insult. I didn't realise that a couple working 90 hours a week between them and receive a few quid to help with spiraling childcare costs fell in to the 'scrounger' category.

You're taking my comment to the extreme. I'm fairly confident you knew I was alluding to the majority that abuse the system, the ones who work cash in hand, the ones that don't bother seeking work, the ones that spawn half a dozen kids with no way of paying for them, the ones who kick off at the slightest sign of their 'inherent' right to free money being removed.

If you're statement is true I have no issue with it and I've no doubt expect the same should me and my missus decide to have kids irrelevant of how much we earn, unfair to have one rule for one and all that.

Back
Top Bottom