*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
FFS!!

When will they learn (slight rant warning here!) BF4 was a total disaster and took well into 11 months to fix. Battlefront clearly has similar issues according to some posts here.

I really hope they pull their finger out. It's very clear they don't go through these releases with a fine tooth comb!!
BF4 had some issues to fix but calling it a 'total disaster' is just laughable internet hyperbole at its finest.

And no, Battlefront does not have similar issues. There will always be the odd person with a problem in any game, especially on PC.

Also, what do you mean "When will they learn?" What are you reacting to here? There is absolutely no info on the state of the game to be making these kinds of bizarre comments.

The sad thing is we still buy it.

1000 odd hours in BF4, I liked it.
There's nothing sad about buying a game you'll enjoy. Dont let knee-jerk internet outragists make you feel apologetic over this nonsense.

Frankly, I cant wait for a next-gen only Battlefield. DICE are some technical wizards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The ONLY interest to me for buying would be if it was WW1 or WW2 to that of Battlefield 1942. World War 1 would be awesome

But this constant modern stuff is trash

Associate
Multi FPS is the greatest thing for publisher, they don't need to bother with storyline and stuff, just push ot the same crap every year and ppl still buy it.

Underboss
I wont

But the sheep on OCUK will baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You're so cool, I bet you're vegan also.

Isn't the hipster "be anti everything - trend setters" over now?

Call me a sheep then.

*Shock horror as adult buys something he wants with money he works for*

Soldato
OP
if this game is set in the future, then it'll be a big yawn from me and more than likely will end up being the first BF game I wouldn't have bought for like 10 years. I do love them, but hate the direction this series is going of late. Give us an epic historically accurate WW1, WW2 game, with fathoms of depth and a graphical experience like SWBF and I'm all over like a scabby rash.

Underboss
Oh yeah if it's anything remotley "futuristic" then I won't be buying. As much as I want a WW2 setting it won't be I don't think.

DICE have all the models etc for the current weaponry + futuristic stuff so will be easier for them to copy the code.

Fingers crossed though.

Caporegime
The only thing that worries me about a WW2 game is the expectation from a lot of people that there needs to be masses of unlocks and upgrades, be that earned or battle pickups or whatever. WW2 games are incredibly limited because of the technology available at the time. WW1 games even more so, especially when it comes to vehicles. Neither war really fits in with the whole 'upgrades and unlocks' expectations. They've teased 2142 stuff in BF3 and heavily in the Final Stand DLC as well as the unopenable container on Operation Outbreak (do not open until 21:42) so unless they're being trolls of the highest order, it'll be a 2142 sequel IMO. Or I would also like a Bad Company sequel.

Soldato
I don't think a WWII setting would work with how Battlefield has evolved over the years. Customizing is a huge part of the game now and that doesn't fit with WWII. As a £15-20 spin off like, Hardline should have been, yes strip away customization and reskin BF4, throw on a grey filter and presto.

Associate
WW2 would be day one purchase. Other wise not massively excited but will still buy. If futuristic though then I'm all burned out on that vibe now so would pass.

Soldato
Can't wait to pre pre order the ultimate version for 120 euros:D:o:o
If its a 2142 re skin of bf4 they will mess up titan mode for sure with some useless gimmick.

Last edited:
Caporegime
BF 4 was pretty damn awful for the first 6 months, client and server crashes, hit reg, balance etc., however.... I still thoroughly enjoyed the game despite the issues. After a few CTE patches (iirc about 6/7 months in), it was fantastic then. People who still give of about the netcode/hit reg. are either extremely **** players and just use it as an excuse :p Or their internet is complete and utter **** i.e. worse than mine.... Anyone who has played on TS/DC with me can confirm what my internet is like :p

IMO, DICE have ****ed the game up with the last few CTE patches though.

If it is set in the same time period, in all honesty, I don't know if I will bother, so bored of these modern shooters now, with over 600 hours in BC 2, 300+ in bf 3 and over 1300 hours in bf 4, I just can't play another one, it needs to be set in a different time, preferably WW, vietnam and if not then I would rather have a futuristic game like 2142.

Last edited:
Soldato
WW2 would be day one purchase. Other wise not massively excited but will still buy. If futuristic though then I'm all burned out on that vibe now so would pass.

Please, please, please be a WW2 setting. Could you imagine it with the BF Starwars GFX! :eek:

Spitfires vs Messerschmitts in the sky!!!

Tiger tanks vs Sherman tanks!! (They have to balance this tho as the Germans would crush the Allies if all else was equal)

Back
Top Bottom