*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
They should go back and do BF 1942 again and improve it. The hours playing proper WW shooter was intense hour long rounds. Capture the flag on huge maps to today’s efforts. When you died it took you a while to get back into the fight at least on the ground, it was harsh not being in the fight within five seconds or was it just right giving more credence to keeping yourself alive. Putting more value on life gave it a more tactical feel.

Fighters, Bombers, Tanks, Jeeps, Trucks. Motorbikes. Desert, Winter (Snow), green county side with Villages and Towns to explore. Beaches and even “Where Eagles Dare” Castle….

Last edited:
Soldato
Can't help thinking this franchise has run out of steam. Bf3 was decent, but Bf4 simply wasn't as much fun.

Associate
Can't help thinking this franchise has run out of steam. Bf3 was decent, but Bf4 simply wasn't as much fun.

While I could agree Dice should maybe give it a rest on FPS until they agree to do a proper hardcore decent one instead of these almost Disney style ( we want everything to be fun and nice) shooter. Give us something to get our teeth into and snarl at as its so hard and has such a high learning curve.

Example played a lot of BF2 Vanilla till I was owning maps 50-60 kill to a death in planes and 20-30 kills to a death on the ground. While it was stil fun it was a bit empty bordering on stale. Downloaded the hardcore Mod in Project Reality and it was a whole new experience. It was harsh bordering on insane the skill needed but after a week of head butting my desk I got into it and it left the original BF2 looking like Bambi.

Underboss
So it's YOUR fault we keep getting call of duty games and battlefield milkers :(

In my day, we actually spent money on developers that cared about their customers feedback

I like Call of Duty. :D

In your day? Times change - we can fight "the man" all we want but EA won't listen.

I would happily avoid EA if we had a decent BF style game from anther Dev. But we don't at sadly.

Associate
I like Call of Duty. :D

In your day? Times change - we can fight "the man" all we want but EA won't listen.

I would happily avoid EA if we had a decent BF style game from anther Dev. But we don't at sadly.

Well that’s about to change thankfully with “Squad” from the makers of Project reality if you want BF Hardcore!. I have nothing personal about those wash and repeat low level skill shooters that has you running down the same hall over and over that is just tactically kill, just not my bag as they say. I want challenged and I want an epic round that was hard work and lasted more than ten minutes requiring squad play.

Look up squad on steam and twitch or even there own thread in here!
B_1WNbUcMQA1.1200x630.UjabWTf0.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
While I like the look of combat in Squad, I just think it's going to be boring. I've heard no levelling, unlocks, progression etc so in essence not really much different to insurgency in that sense. Amazing combat feel but the game is to basic, nothing really to progress towards.

Associate
got suckered into buying BF4 which killed our CQ247 and was / is dog****e*, BF hardline i skipped, battlefront i skipped, not interested in anything from DICE their clueless.

Good thing Valve devs are also ****ing up csgo. Soon its time to retire from gaming :D

Still annoyed they didnt make a badass singleplayer SW Battlefront as the gfx and sounds are nice tbh. They missed the boat on that one

Soldato
300 hours on BF4 same on 3 and 2, safe to say this will be game of the year for me next year, never really had any bugs on 4 the whole time either. Can't wait, Ubisoft/Dice haters (as they are the same old people *yawn*) gonna hate. Don't like the game? Go and moan in the Division thread.

Soldato
"Battlefield Hardline is a first-person shooter video game developed by Visceral Games in collaboration with EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts."

DICE had their hand in it.

Nope! EA Published it, Visceral Games made it... Only thing Hardline used was Dice engine frostbite nothing else.

DICE was making Battlefront.

Associate
if this game is set in the future, then it'll be a big yawn from me and more than likely will end up being the first BF game I wouldn't have bought for like 10 years. I do love them, but hate the direction this series is going of late. Give us an epic historically accurate WW1, WW2 game, with fathoms of depth and a graphical experience like SWBF and I'm all over like a scabby rash.

Agreed. If they go the way COD has I'll have a little cry. I don't want jump packs, or laser (pew pew) rifles. Maybe World at war 2? Maybe a WW1 scenario would be best, or vietnam again.

Back
Top Bottom