Best video doorbell....

Soldato
If you don’t sub to their cloud package do you still have full functionality?
Yeah I think so - I certainly haven't felt cut off. It does people identification using AI locally afaik and recording to SD as I said. So the sub must just be for cloud storage?

Associate
I use a simple setup whereby the chime that came with it is plugged into the wall. It's instant notification.

On my phone it gets a notification as soon as it detects a person (silent). I've turned off all others features. My main reason to get it was it covers my car with motion recording to an SD card.

Edit: just checked, in my Alexa setup it says 'play notification when pushed' so I guess that's how you integrate it. I don't have Google stuff so can't help there.
I've also done the whole Alexa set up things it's not bad but I don't exactly live in Wayne manor lol

Soldato
Ah yes I think I knew that because wasn't there where Eufy got into trouble (not telling people their snapshots were going to the cloud)?
The Relink app can send a push message and a email when any movements are detected, however either one will only work once setup. The detection zones and detection sensitivity can also be adjusted or even have no detection blank areas. The doorbell also has a sd card slot for recording directly to a card..

Last edited:
Soldato
The Relink app can send a push message and a email when any movements are detected, however either one will only work once setup. The detection zones and detection sensitivity can also be adjusted or even have no detection blank areas. The doorbell also has a sd card slot for recording directly to a card..
Yup. honestly there is no downside that i can think of thats obvious

Soldato
Yup. honestly there is no downside that i can think of thats obvious
How good is setting the detection area? Our front path/garden is literally about 6ft deep (more like 3ft where the bay sticks out, really tiny and being in London there’s a fair amount of foot traffic and foxes etc. going past

Edit: Amazon had a flash sale on - £88 for the Wi-Fi version. Bought it, will argue my case with her-indoors later :p Free returns if I fail!

Anyone recommend a wedge for it?

Man of Honour
Do you (or anyone here) use the cloud service? If not, and you haven’t gone the NVR route, how much video can you save to a 256GB sd card?

The right vertical line is my doorbell and as you can see it's recorded for 5 days with 10 hours at full recording.
Tomorrow will probably see the 20th get deleted.
Looking at the left vertical line for my CCTV I would say I need to readjust the sensitivity because it's nearly 24 hours.

reolink256c.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you (or anyone here) use the cloud service? If not, and you haven’t gone the NVR route, how much video can you save to a 256GB sd card?
https://cloud.reolink.com/ I'm using the free one, which requires reregistering every 30 days.
I've purchased a relink wifi doorbell one for our new house and will get around to fitting it once we've moved in. I had four reolink cctv camera's, setup around the garden of our current house, for recording the wildlife, so I have some experience of them, all now removed for the move..

Last edited:
Soldato
The right vertical line is my doorbell and as you can see it's recorded for 5 days with 10 hours at full recording.
Tomorrow will probably see the 20th get deleted.
Looking at the left vertical line for my CCTV I would say I need to readjust the sensitivity because it's nearly 24 hours.
Sorry I'm confused. What storage do you have? For a NAS (looks like) then 5 days for two cameras doesn't sound like a lot? :confused:

Man of Honour
Sorry I'm confused. What storage do you have? For a NAS (looks like) then 5 days for two cameras doesn't sound like a lot? :confused:

The NAS is looking at the card.

Seems I'm wrong.
Looking at the Reolink software I've still got clips going all the way back to the day I bought it on June 30th.
On average it probably takes 20 captures a day.
That is testing it through my front window.

reolink256a.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
We were getting too many missed rings on the Ring and even though not wallet busting, the price increase and missed rings made me look for something else.

Reolink was what we settled on and it, for us, hasn't missed a beat since installation.
Also have a Reolink pan/tilt and zoom camera out front as well and has been just as reliable.

Soldato
Reolink was what we settled on and it, for us, hasn't missed a beat since installation.
Wifi or PoE version? My wifi doorbell is arriving today but I won't be able to play with it because we're having our front path tiled. The electrician will need to run power down from the bedroom above the front porch.. (literally straight down fortunately) part of me was thinking that perhaps I should have bought the PoE version, got the electrician to extend our ethernet coming into the back bedroom - under the floor through to the front bedroom and down. But that's a lot of work. And in reality my router is in the lounge, and we're in a small terraced house so the signal is literally going out through the bay window at about a distance of 4.5m. Should be consistent!
In fact I'm gobsmacked that I can see every capture I've made on the 256gb card since June 30th.
That's cool. Although I really would like the rich notifications to see who's at the door, and hence might subscribe anyway. It's kinda the point of a video doorbell in my opinion!

Man of Honour
That's cool. Although I really would like the rich notifications to see who's at the door, and hence might subscribe anyway. It's kinda the point of a video doorbell in my opinion!

Since my phone only shows a small picture like it did for my RING I get the alert notification and then just click on the doorbell to see it live.
I realised that the picture notification is less than useless.

Anyway, I think you get a month free so test it out, after I tested it I realised I didn't need it.

Associate
I was tempted by a doorbell, but I went with a POE camera instead and got a Hikvision. It's been perfect. I put a 120gb SD card in it and get about 2 months of footage set at high quality 720p and 15fps before it overwrites itself. Been up about 3 years, and apart from cleaning the lens, I've never touched it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom