Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Associate
from playing the beta, i felt the old nostalgia again with the old maps just updated on the graphics.
Cant wait for it to come out !

Soldato
Not sure if it’s related to the pending MW3 release, but the MW2 servers have been shonky as hell for me in the past week. Really crappy with nothing but hit markers and shots passing through players.

Insta death returned too, with one hit kills on me but on replay they were clearly firing at me before they were visible on my screen on my end.

Soldato
Played Modern Warfare 2 a while back now, what is the main differences with MW3? Any improvements?

Thought the gunsmith was quite confusing in MW2.

Has gunsmith been improved, also what are the maps like?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
I might be wrong but I think gunsmith is still the same?

MW2 attachment unlock process was like pulling teeth. Why do I need to unlock 3 other weapons and upgrade to whatever level to get a scope or a barrrel or ammunition type for the gun I want to use. Terrible game design in my view.

Associate
Does anyone game share here? I can't play the campaign on the 'other' console as it's not registering it's been pre ordered. Is anyone able to test if there's works on both consoles?
Lots of chat on Twitter that Activision have disabled game sharing for MW3. Charlie Intel reported it yesterday.

Associate
Apparently, someone got in touch with PS and they're experiencing server issues hence it not working and promised by the 10th game sharing would be working.
Yeah, I'm having a nightmare launching the campaign (keeps telling me to insert the MW2 disc but I have a digital PS5..??) so it sounds a lot like there are a fair few issues going on!

Soldato
This is the best COD campaign since the original Mw2 imo. The free movement around the maps instead of being funneled down a corridor just clicked.

Stunning looking in places even at 120hz on the Series X. The HDR is unreal.

Last edited:
Associate
This is the best COD campaign since the original Mw2 imo. The free movement around the maps instead of being funneled down a corridor just clicked.

Stunning looking in places even at 120hz on the Series X. The HDR is unreal.
Personally I think it’s awful, aside from the first mission the open combat missions are just the multiplayer maps but with bots in. No proper scripted big bang moments etc you can just run to each objective, press X and be done.

I’ve asked for a refund.

Soldato
Personally I think it’s awful, aside from the first mission the open combat missions are just the multiplayer maps but with bots in. No proper scripted big bang moments etc you can just run to each objective, press X and be done.

I thought that might be the case. Sledgehammer have had to cobble together some sort of campaign in a very short time due to this game originally just being an add-on to MW2. Clearly they just didn't have enough time to do a proper campaign.

Back
Top Bottom