Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone (Battlenet ID's in OP)

Soldato
Are you on the 'roller or classic mouse and keyboard? I tried the controller but moved around like an absolute noob though did get a couple of free kills. :p Played a bit of new season, not sure I like the fortune's keep changes nor the lasers in the gulag!

Man of Honour
Vondel is/was definitely the best "alternative" map.

I had a few hours on Warzone trios yesterday managing 1 win and a stupid number of 2nd and 3rd places. The game felt very "sweaty". One of our teammates lives in Canada so it meant that, for some reason, we got into some American servers. Boy those guys are hilarious in game/death chat. For the first time in a while it didn't feel like we were dying to cheaters. This is despite Engine Owning offering a free weekend (apparently).

I loved the original Fortunes Keep and while the new one is growing on me (and I'm finding I'm better at it than "full WZ") I still think Vondel is a better map overall.

Soldato
Are you on the 'roller or classic mouse and keyboard? I tried the controller but moved around like an absolute noob though did get a couple of free kills. :p Played a bit of new season, not sure I like the fortune's keep changes nor the lasers in the gulag!
I swap between both most of the time, luckily I’m just as good with both now whereas before I was exclusively M&K only.

Associate
i once tried a controller on COD. It was like watching your nan use a PC, i'm running into walls, looking at the sky, you name it.... did get a few kills though, which goes to show how forgiving it is... on a mouse, you have to be bang on or its a miss.

Soldato
Going for the Nuke challenge again tonight, my fav duo partner is on so we should get 5 wins easily enough, it’s just the challenge itself which is a ballache.

Soldato
Sound still totally broken?

I love the fortunes keep remake map, but the sound makes it sometimes unplayable.
e.g. just now on a solos I was in the final circle and near the buy station in graveyard. I heard footsteps, I preaimed and shot at someone who I thought was hiding just around a corner in graveyard. It turned out they were not there at all and behind a wall but it sounded like they were next to me. Other times you hear nothing then someone is right on top of you.

Killcam yesterday to the enemy (on the killcam anyway) my footsteps were loud. To me, I couldnt hear anyone at all.

How did they manage to mess up the sound so much when it worked perfectly in Moden Warfare 2019. Verdansk in 2020/2021 was still the peak of Warzone IMO.
So many good times on that map, great selection of weapons before they got all stupid with odd names for the MP5 and MP7 and before the Cold war weapons merged into the game.
Bunkers were insane but so fun.

I'm pretty sure Activision would have made more money sticking with that map and just adapting it slightly and adding things to buy (with changing the mechanics of the game too much) The map also looked way better than anything else

Here's a couple reminders of the good times. Pretty sure it looked better 4 years ago too!

qVIfWuo.jpg

Px58oEk.jpg

GUBMcZd.jpg

Soldato
i once tried a controller on COD. It was like watching your nan use a PC, i'm running into walls, looking at the sky, you name it.... did get a few kills though, which goes to show how forgiving it is... on a mouse, you have to be bang on or its a miss.
Same with me, I was complete garbage moving around but then managed to snipe someone from a long distance when I looked aimed slightly toward to enemy.
Shows how noob controller players really are / the aim assist is.

Would be interesting if they removed all controller aim assistance mechanisms so it was similar to using a mouse & keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom