Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I got booted out, and was expecting it due to being quite busy the last few months. I still am, but have managed to post in a few of the many threads availble. It's really not that bad, within a few days or even a week even the most unopinionated member could hit the target. Those who are complaining about it will probably make up the post count from their responses in this thread alone! :D

Associate
As I have said already in the thread that was in the MM I don't agree with this being the only way to have access, but I feel that to change my ways from being a long term lurker with some posts when I feel I can add something to a topic would be a be trail of who I am on these forums.

But I have had time to accept this was coming and just remind myself now that I have one less avenue to spend money, increasing the chance my saving increase instead :).

Soldato
It’s not even that difficult to fire off a post here and there without having to get embroiled in drama.
Go look in the ‘new to pc gaming’ or ‘general hardware’ threads. There’s always someone new to pcs needing a quick bit of help and advice. I imagine those people who seemingly prefer to live in the MM would be tech savvy enough they could be taking 5 mins every few days to pop in there and offer advice.

Soldato
Well like everyone else i am a little shocked by this, just used it as well and now cant put feedback, wont this increase spam posts dramatically?
If you've read through the thread and the previous one, the mods have said they'd be on the watch for that and removing such posts.

Soldato
Well like everyone else i am a little shocked by this, just used it as well and now cant put feedback, wont this increase spam posts dramatically?

Not that I had any input into the change, but I can see why there might be concerns that people were only using the forums to buy and sell stuff and not otherwise contributing. It seems to have been made clear by the powers that be that mm access is now a perk for active forum members. Perhaps the communication/timing could have been better, but otherwise I don't see why so many people seem to be so outraged about the situation.

Associate
No idea who that is but yes, him too if they are moaning.
Never heard such a bunch of nonsense from folks in my life. If the mods decided that access to the MM required the blood of a newborn there’d be less whining.
It’s a bloody discussion forum not eBay. If people aren’t prepared to engage and post then, to put it bluntly, they need to **** off somewhere else. There’s enough entitled cretins on Facebook etc, away and sell your bits and bobs on there. Utterly ridiculous behaviour and those whining should be ashamed of themselves but they won’t be cause they’re too far up their own behinds.

Edit: and breathe! :p

Slightly ironic post that one, but entertaining to read none the less. My blood pressure detector is however showing that your BP runs a tad too high under certain circumstances and becoming a moderator could have a detrimental effect on your health so I'd advise not ever going down that route :D

Soldato
As I have said already in the thread that was in the MM I don't agree with this being the only way to have access, but I feel that to change my ways from being a long term lurker with some posts when I feel I can add something to a topic would be a be trail of who I am on these forums.

But I have had time to accept this was coming and just remind myself now that I have one less avenue to spend money, increasing the chance my saving increase instead :).

Why do you feel that you need to post only personal details that would "leave a trail of who you are"?

Heck even some of the posters with 50k posts don't have enough personal info on here to work out who they might be in real life.

Soldato
Ehh.. not sure if this is the right place to report this.. I noticed a few new members post counts not going up, as they are starting from zero and I don’t think mine is going up either.

Edit: just checked.. with this post.. I seem to be stuck at 3966..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Ehh.. not sure if this is the right place to report this.. I noticed a few new members post counts not going up, as they are starting from zero and I don’t think mine is going up either.

Edit: just checked.. with this post.. I seem to be stuck at 3966..
Post count doesn't raise in GD and a couple of other sub forums, but the posts still apply to the 15/90 for MM access.

Soldato
I don't know if anyone has worked it out yet but 15 posts over 90 days is only 5 per month, 1 every six days. You don't have to live on the forums to contribute such a small number. Also, while access to MM is nice to have, your life won't end if you've no access...

Soldato
I don't know if anyone has worked it out yet but 15 posts over 90 days is only 5 per month, 1 every six days. You don't have to live on the forums to contribute such a small number. Also, while access to MM is nice to have, your life won't end if you've no access...
It's easy to post that number, sure -- but I *strongly* believe you're misusing the word "contribute" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom