Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So everyone else decides to do the same... What are you going to read then?
Everyone's different. Some like to post or have something to contribute, others prefer reading. I used to contribute a lot when I was doing hardware reviews but nowadays I have very little useful to say, so I hardly post. I don't expect active users to suddenly stop posting and there'll always be new members joining...

Soldato
So you've just confirmed what I said, OCuK doesn't care about readers as much as posters.

This is fine with me.

Edit:

You seem encouraging that people shouldn't register; there's benefits to both readers and OCuK if folks do register regardless of what they do, but, you know lets be welcoming and all that.

Just to be clear, as you seem to be missing the point. If a non-member wishes to contribute then they absolutely can register, it's actually a pretty welcoming community. If all you want to do is read however then there is no point having an account.

Associate
I can understand the premise with this decision although I am one of those ones who doesnt post much but is a long time member.

I guess you will see how this effects the forums but imo you want quality posts rather than just quantity - I am 100% sure you will have people post just for the sake of posting to make up that magic 15 posts number. Will you be looking out for this and if so what criteria is being used to determine if a post is contributing or if its just garbage?

Associate
I can understand the premise with this decision although I am one of those ones who doesnt post much but is a long time member.

I guess you will see how this effects the forums but imo you want quality posts rather than just quantity - I am 100% sure you will have people post just for the sake of posting to make up that magic 15 posts number. Will you be looking out for this and if so what criteria is being used to determine if a post is contributing or if its just garbage?
Do you want a python script? :cry:

Associate
Just to be clear, as you seem to be missing the point. If a non-member wishes to contribute then they absolutely can register, it's actually a pretty welcoming community. If all you want to do is read however then there is no point having an account.

Without an account how do you follow content, or like a post?

Last edited:
Soldato
Even kakarott?
No idea who that is but yes, him too if they are moaning.
Never heard such a bunch of nonsense from folks in my life. If the mods decided that access to the MM required the blood of a newborn there’d be less whining.
It’s a bloody discussion forum not eBay. If people aren’t prepared to engage and post then, to put it bluntly, they need to **** off somewhere else. There’s enough entitled cretins on Facebook etc, away and sell your bits and bobs on there. Utterly ridiculous behaviour and those whining should be ashamed of themselves but they won’t be cause they’re too far up their own behinds.

Edit: and breathe! :p

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
Will you be looking out for this and if so what criteria is being used to determine if a post is contributing or if its just garbage?
We have been watching for this kind of behaviour for as long as I have been a mod. Usually it results in a haircut of post count, and a lot of deleting of posts :)

We will no doubt continue to do so.~

*Edit - Lets try to keep this thread somewhat on topic, if its not going to die just yet :D

Last edited:
Associate
Understand the change and consciously tried to make an effort to post. Thought I'd hit the quota.. I guess not.

There should be a bye for 20 year'ers! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Have been banned, probably deserved. Will have a look at contributing more

Just life. I don't get as much enjoyment from tuning, competitive benchmarking like I used to. Or have as much time to get involved. And will have even less very soon when my first child is born.
The cost of components has gone up a lot, along with everything else and I've always had to justify my purchases.
There's also the realisation that older games don't just get worse over time. There's a huge library I haven't played yet. And a lot of the new AAAs don't interest me.
Then theres that there are newer mediums to get new or participate in discussion that are just easier than using the forum. And being auto logged out and having to put the 2fa code back in doesn't help.

Wish you all the best. Especially those who I have bought and sold from in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom