Cities Skylines 2 is Official!

Soldato
If you have ever played vanilla CS1 you will be quickly disappointed with the lack of content.

Even a huge amount of the end game free content was released alongside paid expansions and it only exists because of said paid expansions.

Soldato
If you have ever played vanilla CS1 you will be quickly disappointed with the lack of content.

Even a huge amount of the end game free content was released alongside paid expansions and it only exists because of said paid expansions.

This is the thing, I always feel when playing CS1 that “why can’t I do X easily?”

From what I’ve seen, there’s still MASSIVE things missing from CS2 that should have been in CS1 and definitely CS2 at release?!

A total whiff of a game on my opinion, missed the mark by miles!

Associate

Yeah i think it was always going to be hard for CS2 to compete with CS1 for content, and this is something that happens with a lot of DLC heavy games. It wouldnt have fixed everything, but if we had modding at launch, as everyone expected until a week before launch (and the fact that its taken 5 months to partially release it, shows they CLEARLY knew it wasnt ready for release long before they told the community) then at least it could have fixed some of the concerns and papered over the cracks. People might still be going back to it frequently to see how newly released mods change the game etc.

It initially felt like the console community got shafted when their release got delayed, but now it feels more like we were treated like mugs, paying testers expected to find all the flaws in their game, because it seems very apparent that either their own QA team are useless, or they didnt give a damn and released it in the state knowing it.
If the launch had been delayed, and CO/Paradox decided to pre-release as an Early Access title, then i'd imagine the vast majority of people still would have bought it but they'd have at least been honest about the reality of the fact that its an unfinished release, and our expectations shouldnt expect anything more than that, and it'd our fault for having expectations beyond 'unfinished'. Instead they decided to release it, while either concealing key details or waiting until the very last minute to make them known, and took everyones money either individually or collectively via GamePass.

Soldato
Underwhelmed at the DLC, obviously. The performance benefits post patch are only about 2-5% on simulation speed which is practically no impact.

I need to start from scratch with a new city and keep it much smaller, but there's loads of stuff that needs looking at. Like, how did they not fix the issue with elementary schools in this patch? There's loads of really simple balance fixes they could have put in and they just haven't.

The underlying simulation is going to take a shed load of work to fix.

Soldato
OP
Underwhelmed at the DLC, obviously. The performance benefits post patch are only about 2-5% on simulation speed which is practically no impact.

I need to start from scratch with a new city and keep it much smaller, but there's loads of stuff that needs looking at. Like, how did they not fix the issue with elementary schools in this patch? There's loads of really simple balance fixes they could have put in and they just haven't.

The underlying simulation is going to take a shed load of work to fix.
I loaded a city with 250,000 population and it's unplayable for me, frame rate is fine but simulation speed even at max makes it unplayable.

That's with a 5800x3d, 32gb ram and a 4080.

The latest update has made the zoning tool very very faint.
An example is where I am selecting housing/commercial/industrial areas next to a road.
Another is selecting the square grids to buy new land.
I wondered if anyone knew of a way to make these easier to see?

Back
Top Bottom