Clarkson's Farm

Caporegime
It is weird how similar animals can be. My cat went exactly the same as that Pig. Was fine then suddenly all weak. No power in the hind legs and was walking around like it was drunk. Wouldn't eat either. Vets reckoned he had cancer and was equally upfront about putting it down but I guess you become desensitised in situations like that over time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Oof that was a rough episode, he gave a hint about it being bad in the previous episode, but wasn't expecting it to be as bad as that.

Soldato
It is weird how similar animals can be. My cat went exactly the same as that Pig. Was fine then suddenly all weak. No power in the hind legs and was walking around like it was drunk. Wouldn't eat either. Vets reckoned he had cancer and was equally upfront about putting it down but I guess you become desensitised in situations like that over time.

Vets have a very strong stomach for that kind of thing, she was being very nice on the show but you could tell that vet was one strong lady

Associate
Bacon rolls for everyone…?
american-psycho-christian-bale.gif

Soldato
I take it this season is in two parts? Part two will be the harvest season?

I had to stop myself and the other half from binge watching it in one night so we would have something to look forward to each evening. Well we did it in 3 sittings.

Associate
I take it this season is in two parts? Part two will be the harvest season?

I had to stop myself and the other half from binge watching it in one night so we would have something to look forward to each evening. Well we did it in 3 sittings.
Yea, rest is coming Fri May 10th i think

Soldato
Enjoying the show, though it's just a reflection of my life nowadays lol, without the unlimited resources behind you to just throw money at any project you think up - which is what makes the show entertainment, but not totally realistic.

We have the same issue with the fertiliser, we grow grass for hay, and the cost to produce it went up 3-400% but the selling price stayed the same :( unfortunately Groove Armada guy didn't come along and offer his services to us :p

Associate
entertaining enough but it looks like its drifted off the feel of the first season where it really showed the issues farmers have around the industry to a "set piece", almost staged, setup like top gear in the later years. That whole issue around the dam with caleb chucking rocks was just cringe. The pig situation was pretty depressing but the show is sliding off into theatre now.

Soldato
I don't know what it says about me, but the pigs didn't massively upset me, I guess I see it as nature and these things happen, but I was more affected watching how upset Lisa and Jeremy were.
Me neither but I've always been close to farmers and have done pest control, hunting.
I like the bit about enjoying your animals twice, very true.

Associate
I don't know what it says about me, but the pigs didn't massively upset me, I guess I see it as nature and these things happen, but I was more affected watching how upset Lisa and Jeremy were.
Aye, I feel similar, though I experience this weird kind of cognitive dissonance where a cute teeny pig dying makes me sad but I would be totally ok with them being slaughtered for meat in a couple of years.

Caporegime
Me neither at least half the ducklings at the local park seem to get eat by seagulls or killed by swans

seems totally normal for wildlife to have a 50% survival rate, there's videos of eagles etc from nestcams where they kill the runt.

Was it sharks where the young can eat each other before they are even born?

Last edited:
Associate

Same here. Although the pigs dying was upsetting, it was Jeremy and Lisa's reaction that got me.

Back
Top Bottom