Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Soldato
anyone else having mouse problems?

my mouse has become over sensitive (im using an original deathadder) and its become ott sensitive in the past few days. move my mouse 2cm to turn a corner then end up turning 180degrees!

this is getting really annoying

Used to, until I turned down the sens. in options.

Associate
FYI:- you should leave your windows mouse sens at 6 to provide 1:1 mapping.

I like the update, its made reg much better. My config is default except for:-

rate 50000
update 100
cmd 100
interp 0
interp_ratio 1
crosshairscale 4800

i KNOW servers are 66tick but most can manage between 67-69 tick, as they say... every little helps :p

Associate
FYI:- you should leave your windows mouse sens at 6 to provide 1:1 mapping.

I like the update, its made reg much better. My config is default except for:-

rate 50000
update 100
cmd 100
interp 0
interp_ratio 1
crosshairscale 4800

i KNOW servers are 66tick but most can manage between 67-69 tick, as they say... every little helps :p

I know many players who have windows sens either higher or lower then 6/11 at the end of the day there is no set sens to play at, it comes down to personal preference.

Permabanned
I have both nearly max'd out, if not max'd out.

Whats the best config currently?

I'm still having trouble with shooting pricks in the face and them not dying

Associate
I know many players who have windows sens either higher or lower then 6/11 at the end of the day there is no set sens to play at, it comes down to personal preference.

Set Windows sensistivity to 6/11. This ensures that you have a perfect 1:1 ration between your mouse and your operating system. Anything less than 6 basicly throws away mouse data and anything over multiplys your input data by however much higher you set it... thus making it less acurate.

Make sure you turn off 'enhance pointer precision'. This ads acceleration which is generaly very bad for gaming. You should really do this before installing your mouse drivers.

Windows XP/Vista/7 all have a small bit of acceleration built in that you cannot get rid of even through the windows mouse app and your mouseware. This is due to the very sh*tty way that M$ impliment the pointer balistics. There are a number of ways to remove this, firstly there is a CGL regfix, though it is not 100% in all cases and somebody called 'cheese' of all things created one called cheesefix (no lie) that works better, it means you have to select the right one because it is dependant on your resolution/refresh rate. The one I use though is anir's mouse fix, instead of patching over the issue it fixes it at the source changing a system file at start up. There are a few floating around of this and i think they may be slightly older versions. It may be tricky to find as it was last time I looked. I 'think' this one only works on windows XP, but i may be wrong. Also check before installing any of them that they work on your operating system.

You may also have the ability to change your mouses USB polling rate, modern mice let your do this in the options but there are applications that let you change this if you have older mice. typically you can switch between 125hs (updates every 4ms), 500mz (updates every 2ms) and 1000hz (updates every 1ms). Obviously the higher the number the more often it updates. older mice that are not designed for this thats probably best. also it may help to lower it if you have any issues with higher settings.

There are some 'launch options' that can be set for CSS which help to stop your operating system interfering with your in game sensitivity. To se these open up your game browser in steam, righ click counterstrike:source and select 'set launch options' in there paste: -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd , and click save. I suggest google if you want to know what each one does. you may find you don't want to use them all for whatever reason but I personaly use all of them.

There are a few sites you can search for which clarify this better but thats it in a nut shell^^

once you have setup everything there are some test you will want to do in game to see if your mouse works well... There are loads of mice out there each with their pro's and con's. Some might have a better sensor some have a better shape, but finding the balance can be tricky. The first test you should do after finding a sensitivity that feels good is the positive/negative acceleration test. Ideally you should have neither but in most cases that won't happen.

Ok the test...
stand facing a corner on a wall or something very small on screen. place your mouse on the left edge of your mouse pad, swipe your mouse accross the pad slowly (but not so slow that your mouse stutters) untill it reaches the right hand side, then quickly (as fast as you would in game as older mice track less well at speed and will skip) swipe the mouse back to the left side of your pad. Hopefully you should be looking at the same spot you started at. If you mouse has not gone as far you have negative acceleration, if it has gone too far you have positive acceleration. Negative acceleration is the worst because it generally means your mouse is not tracking the surface properly at speed and will result in less accuracy. Positive acceleration may mean that you have not done one of the stages above correctly, it may also mean that your mouse is skipping forward which will also result in less accuracy. Another good test to do is exactly the same thing in MS Paint, this lets you see visually how your mouse is responding, it best shows negative acceleration because what will generally happen is your mouse will start fine but as it picks up speed it will actually go backwards on itself. If you have positive/negative acceleration at the speeds you like to play it probably is best to invest in a new mouse, and do some research before you do. I have got many a duff mouse in the past.

Associate
In my opinion mouse polling rate is best at 500hz, 1000hz with a lot of mice can cause tracking issues. Mouse acceleration should be removed where possible, and changing windows mouse settings from 6/11 shouldnt really matter in my opinion you play with what your comfortable with at the end of the day if you can pop heads then theres no need to diverge from your sens settings.

Associate
In my opinion mouse polling rate is best at 500hz, 1000hz with a lot of mice can cause tracking issues. Mouse acceleration should be removed where possible, and changing windows mouse settings from 6/11 shouldnt really matter in my opinion you play with what your comfortable with at the end of the day if you can pop heads then theres no need to diverge from your sens settings.

Your not understanding. you know what packet loss is right? Well for a crude description raising or lowering the mouse sens in windows (above or below 6) causes mouse packet loss.

If you need to change ur game sens, USE THE IN GAME SENS!!

Any yeah I do agree the mouse polling rate is best at 500hz

EDIT:-

I'm not saying you HAVE to do what I say but its like your saying just CAP you FPS at 40fps as the human eye cant se more than 30....

Wether you notice a difference is irrespective. its there and it happens.

Last edited:
Associate
Your not understanding. you know what packet loss is right? Well for a crude description raising or lowering the mouse sens in windows (above or below 6) causes mouse packet loss.

If you need to change ur game sens, USE THE IN GAME SENS!!

Any yeah I do agree the mouse polling rate is best at 500hz

EDIT:-

I'm not saying you HAVE to do what I say but its like your saying just CAP you FPS at 40fps as the human eye cant se more than 30....

Wether you notice a difference is irrespective. its there and it happens.

And what im saying is its down to personal preference for low sens players in particular they can use lower windows sens if they like as long as they feel comfortable with it. a lot of the top E.U low sens players use a lower windows sens.

Soldato
started playing again yesterday, well I say again, I've never played CS:S! It looks really weird and whats the obsession with Office!

Played CS from beta 5.2 to 1.6 but stopped playing about 4-5 years ago, CS:S feels really weird!

Associate
Gameplay and gun speeds update

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a longish post, so only read the first paragraph if you don't care about the details.

With an upcoming update, the speeds of the various weapons will be adjusted to match the rate of old 100 tick servers.

There was a long-standing bug in CS with how the weapon firing rate was calculated. Imagine that the AK fired 6 bullets a second (166ms), and the server updated at 10 frames a second.

Server update 0: 0 ms Firing timer: 0 ms
Server update 1: 100 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 2: 200 ms Firing timer: 200 ms => *FIRE* => 0 ms
Server update 3: 300 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 4: 400 ms Firing timer: 200 ms => *FIRE* => 0 ms
Server update 5: 500 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 6: 600 ms Firing timer: 200 ms => *FIRE* => 0 ms
Server update 7: 700 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 8: 800 ms Firing timer: 200 ms => *FIRE* => 0 ms
Server update 9: 900 ms Firing timer: 100 ms

As you can see, 33ms of firing time is lost each time the gun fires- it's effectively shooting slower (only 5 hits / second) because of the tick rate of the server. If the server was bogged down or had lot of people on it, the results would be even more unpredictable.

This is why guns operated very differently at different tick rates.

We've updated it to the correct behavior, in which case you'll get:
Server update 0: 0 ms Firing timer: 0 ms
Server update 1: 100 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 2: 200 ms Firing timer: 200 ms *FIRE* => 33 ms
Server update 3: 300 ms Firing timer: 133 ms
Server update 4: 400 ms Firing timer: 233 ms *FIRE* => 66 ms
Server update 5: 500 ms Firing timer: 166 ms *FIRE* => 0 ms
Server update 6: 600 ms Firing timer: 100 ms
Server update 7: 700 ms Firing timer: 200 ms *FIRE* => 33 ms
Server update 8: 800 ms Firing timer: 133 ms
Server update 9: 900 ms Firing timer: 233 ms *FIRE* => 66ms

This fixes the integration, and regardless of tick rate, the guns will have the same feel. In practice, this made the difference between 8 (33 tick), 9 (66 tick), and 10 (100 tick) bullets per second on the AK. Now they should all be identical.

In order to preserve game play, we timed the guns and dumped out the delta between shots on the old 100 tick servers and the new servers. Every automatic weapon was tested, and then we modified the weapon data to match the old 100 tick results.

After making the changes, we ran through and verified that the firing rate was the same for all automatic guns as it was on 100 tick server before the update.

The final cycle times (in seconds) are given below:

SMGs
MAC-10: 0.075
MP5: 0.08
KM UMP45: 0.105
TMP: 0.07
C90: 0.07

Rifles
AK47: 0.1
Galil: 0.09
552: 0.09
D3/AU-1: 0.25
Scout: 1.25
AWP: 1.455
550: 0.25
Bullpup: 0.09
M4A1: 0.09
Famas: 0.09

Shotguns
M3: 0.88
XM1014: 0.25

Machineguns
M249: 0.08

With this update, all of them should feel like old 100 tick servers.

We also plan on looking at weapon recoil and spread patterns and fixing the integration problems there, as well, but that will be in a later update.

Thanks!

Associate
Changelog 4.4 -> 4.5 RC1

-Supports the latest update to Counter-Strike: Source (Orange Box).
-Re-developed code-base improves ability to maintain the plugin in future versions.

Added features:
-zb_deadvoice (default: 1)
Allows dead teammates to communicate to living members of their team using the in-game voice system.

-zb_crashblock (default: 1)
Protects the game-server from several crash exploits.

-zb_warmode (default: 1)
Allows the distinction between a public server and a match/competitive server.
See the readme file for further details.

-zb_antispeedhack (default: 1)
Prevents the use of cheats which manipulate the games view of time.

-zb_viewanglescheck (default: 1)
Detects cheats which distort a player view-angles.

-zb_ignoreplayerqueries (default: 0)
Allows a match server to hide the names of connected players (recommend default settings).

-zb_antispam_max_cmds_per_sec (default: 5)
Sets the maximum number of commands a player can trigger per second, prevents spam attacks
(We're currently working on improving this feature, pelase give feedback).

-zb_kickct <REASON>
Kicks the counter-terrorist team.

-zb_kickt <REASON>
Kicks the terrorist team.

-zb_kickspec <REASON>
Kicks the counter-terrorist team.

-You must now be able to see the bomb in order to defuse it.

-Forced sv_maxcmdrate 66, sv_maxupdaterate 66 to prevent exploitation of cl_interp on a 66-tick server.

Updated features:
-zb_dosprotect now protects from more types of attack.
-Defusefix now fixes defuse issues on de_inferno/de_tides amongst other maps.
-Defusefix now prevents smoke grenades and weapons interferring with defusals.
-Clients must now set an fps_max of at least 66.
-Added additional file checks not checked by sv_pure 2.
-Added "gamePort" and "gameIP" POST fields to auth-host queries, you can now recognise the server the request came from more easily.
-The plugin may no longer be loaded on the game client.
-mat_dxlevel 80/81 are forced with zb_warmode enabled, please set "-dxlevel 81" or "-dxlevel 80" in your launch options.

:D

Back
Top Bottom