Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Soldato
I don't think the actual client update is too bad, most of the features which may seem a bit tf2-like can be turned off and I seem to be killing more so the registration has improved. I just don't like the way Steam have dumped it on us.

Associate
where is the autoexec?

You have to make autoexec.cfg, it's not there normally. Put it in the cfg folder with the rest of them.

I've noticed disabling multicore rendering helps a lot, I no longer have the pulsating sky thing on HDR maps, and I've also got some of my fps back :).

Permabanned
You have to make autoexec.cfg, it's not there normally. Put it in the cfg folder with the rest of them.

I've noticed disabling multicore rendering helps a lot, I no longer have the pulsating sky thing on HDR maps, and I've also got some of my fps back :).

Still getting lag spikes though?

I've tried the lot, every (sensible) suggestion from the steam forums to no avail.

Some funky bugs being brought to light over there!

There are people registering constantly to have a pop, moan or report bugs. Valve and hidden path have quite ****** up really.

If you thought this thread was bad, you should have sat and watched the steamforums today. My god, the regulars over there are shockingly retarted and are heavily prone to obfuscate. In fact, where does that remind you of? ;)

I've never seen so many sycophants in one place before.

Its amazing how the people that play it 30 hours or more a week are having the majority of the issues :p

Ironic more like!

Last edited:
Associate
Still getting lag spikes though?

Yep, I don't think there's anything that can really help it atm. I've noticed I get a big pause everytime I kill someone, its especially annoying when awping. It's more then just a lag spike I think, a fairly significant pause.

Soldato
csoffice0001l.jpg

:D

Good game on the OcUK CSS server tonight guys, at one point it got pretty busy for 3 or 4 maps. I'm honestly not noticing any lag on the game. Hitboxes appear bigger as I can actually hit targets with the awp now.

Anyway will work on limiting the awps and disabling autosnipers on my server, apart from that it seems to run pretty well. :)

And LOL Yatezy :D ^^

Permabanned
So much for bhop supposed to be gone.

I've just seen some folk bunnyhop like absolute *******s, I mean practically jumping in large straight squares around the place or on the spot.

that was wrong, I've never seen it like that before :/

:confused:

Soldato
So much for bhop supposed to be gone.

I've just seen some folk bunnyhop like absolute *******s, I mean practically jumping in large straight squares around the place or on the spot.

that was wrong, I've never seen it like that before :/

Yeah it's great I can go so much faster now and zBlock isn't working :D

Associate
i can live with achievments and i actually quite like stats, but seriously the game feels horrible!

This is an example of what we have to expect from CSS in the future.

First shot completely misses (no damage) at point blank range with cross hair straight on body.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR587zdWBLg

Bones - the first shot hits exactly where the shotgun is aiming, not where you are viewing, ie to the left. Have they implemented a way of handicapping the sprint and shoot move, ie you need to wait until the shotgun swings back in front of your body?

Soldato
What's that then? Completely accurate firing based on the position of the model? Excellent. It'll be even more realistic. Bring it on!

Just what I was thinking - the gun actually shoots where the gun is pointing, not out the side of the barrel just because the cross-hair is there :p

Back
Top Bottom