Counter-Strike: Source New Update Released

Soldato
=TFU= has a server you guys can use:

EDIT: NEWS FROM MULTIPLAY:

CSS moves to the Orangbox Engine
Jun 23 2010 21:04:07 by ShiningFalcon
Following the BETA period valve have now moved CSS to the Orangbox engine.
Due to the size and complexities of this change we are unable to sort this update tonight.
It will be worked on first thing tomorrow morning. In the mean time if you don't update your game, you will be able to use your servers as normal.
Please note that due to the game changing to a new engine, custom maps and addons may no longer work correctly.

PoD

PoD

Associate
IT'S ALL OVER

I'M THROWING MY GAMING PC IN THE BIN

DAMN YOU VALVE

:'(

LOL yeah I mean seriously, it does seem a little over dramatic.

I think that although Activision missed lots of things out that could have made CoD better for the PC, but it is still an excellent game on the console and things like achievements and prestige actually add longevity to the game.

Would I buy it for the PC though.....HELL NO!!!!!

So Valve adding content to CSS is fine and ordinarily I wouldn't say this about a manufacturer, but I can say hand on heart I have every faith in Valve to do the right thing (just late)

Associate
Doesn't sound like there is a massive change to gameplay, more towards the user interface, and the graphics. When it finally downloads, I'll be interested to see how it plays.

Soldato
Knew there would be a thread on here about this, was getting nothing to 5kbps on London server, ireland hitting 150-200kbps (only on 2mb) so well happy now

Didn't know you could change download location...

Though guess when it does download there will be no servers to play!

Anyone know whether you can still play private servers for mixes after the update if they havent updated?

Associate
Taking ages to download. Why are people against the update (genuine question, I missed the beta)? I thought it was just some graphics improvements from the EP2 engine, and some online stats. Is the gameplay changed in anyway?

Associate
Same people whining about the new update that moaned about CS:S being released in the first place, it being 'crap compared to 1.6' etc etc.

Now suddenly the 'old' CS:S was perfect and shouldn't be touched!

Associate
Oh right, if it's just that tiring old elitist talk, then I look forward to the improvements made by this update. It's going to be a while until I can try it anyway, it's only dowloading just over 100KB/s. This is the slowest I've seen steam in a very long time.

Soldato
Son of a...

Downloading at 9kb/s 20% done.

This is what happens when you release a major update for the worlds most popular game. Your servers get hammered flat. Or at least the miserable one I got linked to is.

Oh hang on. Download appears to have cut out totally now.

Joy.

Soldato
steam.png

Dammit Steam. Two long, hard days at work and I want to unwind with some CSS :mad:

/nerdrage

Oh, and:

Originally Posted by tibbsey
Dear Valve,

Thanks for 5~ years good gaming, shame you decided to end it like this.

Regards,
tibbsey

I am sure you'll be sorely missed :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom