*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Associate
Not sure when it was added but they've added support for the Dualsense controllers in CP2077, so when the car changes gear you can feel it in the force feedback pedals, nice touch when you're just cruising around the city.

Man of Honour
Still makes me laugh that out of the box, even with the current version of the game, you are invisible in front of any reflective surface and you don't even have working mirrors until you hit the interact key to "enable" it which just loads a precompiled view of your V.. I know they originally intended CP2077 to be a 3rd person game so the framework for mirrors and a 3rd person model of V was in the works but when they switched to first person the idea was ditched.... But still. Manually enabling your reflection via ini file tweak works but you are missing a head which is rather off-putting :p

Meanwhile in Luigi's Mansion which I'm currently playing has everything being reflected in the mirrors :cry: A low-spec Nintendo console doing all of those effects and reflecting them in mirrors.... Not a single ray being traced in sight, either:

B8jd6Q5.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As much as it is poor in CP2077 - mirrors in those older games are a very different technology and only work great within very limited and specific situations i.e. a single flat surface.

Man of Honour
I did some further reading on mirrors and in older games especially the best example were basically geometry mirroring, rendering the scene twice, and flipping the mirror version in the viewport of the mirrored area. That makes sense the most really.

Man of Honour
There's a mod update out called Ultra+, it aims to improve the rendering for RT/PT/Raster whilst boosting fps at the same time, really quite comprehensive.

I tested it out with frame gen disabled but DLSS left on Quality for path tracing and my findings:

Seems stock path tracing has the better framerate for me here although I do have extensive mods installed too for textures and stuff and visually there's little difference based on my findings, someone else should check. You only need the main INI file (not the GPU one) and if you want to use the CET module, then copy that folder across too, otherwise it's just the one ini file to copy over.

Man of Honour
Is there anything you would recommend for UW 3440*1440 OLED?

The only graphics mod I have installed is the HD Reworked mod.

TIA

As well as HD Reworked, the quality improvements mods I have are:

^ The Vibrant main file and the PT ENV (if you're using PT)

^ Not a major one but adds Johnny into the passenger seat when you're driving after x amount of time which is neat.

^ Can be used alongside HD Reworked for extra HD textures

This is how mine looks:

5VGSafp.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom