*** Cyberpunk 2077 ***

Man of Honour
I installed a skin mod too which changes the way skin is shaded by adjusted the subsurface scattering for ray/path traced mode. It's a super small download and just changes the method used, works quite well. Also installed a realistic eyes mod. No impact to performance, just looks much better.

7WB89xQ.jpg

^^^ Note the nearly 20GB of total VRAM use, not bad for PS4 graphics :eek:

Also the clear windows mod gives a better view of shops and cafes too by making glass seem more like glass instead of blurring stuff:

g3TjaiC.jpg

Again, no performance impact.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I installed a skin mod too which changes the way skin is shaded by adjusted the subsurface scattering for ray/path traced mode. It's a super small download and just changes the method used, works quite well. Also installed a realistic eyes mod. No impact to performance, just looks much better.

7WB89xQ.jpg

^^^ Note the nearly 20GB of total VRAM use, not bad for PS4 graphics :eek:

Also the clear windows mod gives a better view of shops and cafes too by making glass seem more like glass instead of blurring stuff:

g3TjaiC.jpg

Again, no performance impact.

PS4 at best :p

Look at that brick phone!

Soldato
I've finished the first part of Phantom Liberty. Got to say it whilst action packed- I've got no investment in the npc.

Does it get better? About to head out to find Idris.

Lacking motivation to finish the game. Main game was ace until I've started the dlc

Associate
I've finished the first part of Phantom Liberty. Got to say it whilst action packed- I've got no investment in the npc.

Does it get better? About to head out to find Idris.

Lacking motivation to finish the game. Main game was ace until I've started the dlc
I thought the whole DLC was just OK. The main game is far better but that's my opinion :)

Associate
Would totally agree, CP2077 is a really good showcase for how good games can look, the lighting etc is phenomenal with the 2.x updates, but it's still a long way off photo realistic. I'd estimate another 10-15 years before we're even close and you're looking at AI being utilised a lot more heavily than it is now.

Soldato
I don't think we are anywhere near the edge of photorealism. Especially when in motion (this would matter a lot) rather than still shots.

It looks like an offline render which is mighty impressive and good. The problem will be that studios don't really put too much attention into details, everything is rather superficial. I guess AI could and hopefully will come into play to fill in the holes.

Reactions: TNA
Associate
It wasn't until patch 2.1 and I chilled out and put up with the talking in cyberpunk.
i just wanted to play but yadda yadda yadda.
It wasn't until I was bored and that's all that was left I got involved with the game world and then it clicked.

Soldato
I enjoyed it for a while, such a stunning place to just walk/drive around but other games just seem to keep taking me away from it, I guess it really hasn't gripped me yet.

Man of Honour
It was posted not too long back in the thread, take a look as links were posted in a table too^^

This is only possible if you set the weather to be cloudy and at a certain time of day at all times. This is why the mod dev for Nova LUT released a p***take Nova LUT mod that basically rips into all those youtubers and patreon "modders" that charge you to get this look. This is possible for free with Nova, but as said the entire time of day, weather system has to be locked to be constantly dull.

Just use Nova LUT instead, equally realistic, at the right time of day, but you then get an actual dynamic day/night cycle :p

The look can run at over 100fps easily on a 4090 and maybe even 4080 with DLSS Performance at 3440x1440, but these youtubers again are running at 8K and other bs just because that headline sells clicks more than just something more normal, which is also why they never do fast movements when recording these videos.

I'm keeping only Nova LUT installed for the colour grading as it looks near photo realistic throughout the day but does depend on the weather too. Plus the fact that the game runs at over 100fps with frame gen whilst looking like that, or 85fps without frame gen is the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Soldato
I last played this in 2021 before losing interest. Got nothing else to play so thought I'd give it another go, especially after the patches. Only played a couple of missions so far but still not sure if I'll stick with it. It's my type of game but I'm not feeling the love just yet, will give it a bit more time though.

Associate
I last played this in 2021 before losing interest. Got nothing else to play so thought I'd give it another go, especially after the patches. Only played a couple of missions so far but still not sure if I'll stick with it. It's my type of game but I'm not feeling the love just yet, will give it a bit more time though.

Deffo have to let the story and characters immerse you, do some side quests before too many main missions I think you get the cops missions to do at the start that help out.

Your build is fairly important at first I was into hacking then my style changed and I wanted to do stealth more and melee/gorilla fists for when stuff got heavy, I was pistols, stealth, and fists Samaria sword build.

Played it on very hard and a few times I had to come back down to hard for certain areas.

The documents you find are interesting such as when your taking down cyber psychos you get the back story on it.

Slow and steady is the way to go at first.
And once you get a fast bike and first decent car haha it makes your default car look like a real bag of ****. Missions that go out into the desert/country area are really good.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm in the same boat, however I've not tried it again yet.
Might be tempting to install some of the gfx mods as I was deeply unimpressed on initial release.

Felt like a console game :/

Back
Top Bottom