Dark Souls 3

Soldato
i saw it as more like the troll in the things betwixed area on ds2, teamed up with 3 guys and in 15 mins we were invaded 6 times! lol love it so far

Did everyone else kill it no worries lol ? The graphics are certainly a step up anyway. Though hope it gets a bit more colourful further in. Think i will have a go at the proper boss. Ohh question can you parry anything in this game or only creatures with weapons?

Soldato
Did everyone else kill it no worries lol ? The graphics are certainly a step up anyway. Though hope it gets a bit more colourful further in. Think i will have a go at the proper boss. Ohh question can you parry anything in this game or only creatures with weapons?

Well I parried the first boss thing(the one with the coiled sword). It was one of those epic 'one hit away from death with no stamina left last ditch parries' that I somehow managed to fluke'

Overall I'm finding parrying quite difficult so far though.

Soldato
I keep getting the unable to summon message.

Can anyone shed any light on why?

I am finding parrying difficult because of the speed change but rolling a lot easier. Overall it has made my bosses way easier and normal enemies way harder.

Done every boss first time but struggled hard against knights smh

Soldato
Went with the spear/healing class. Minly as i wanted the spear, may be a waste faith wise
But wow its stunning imo, i just love the vistas and details to armor etc

Runs really well onmy setup on sig tho 1440p may need sli or a 980 to get solid 60 frames! Have there been drivers? Tbh steam link only does 1080p and i plan to play through that :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I am Assassin. I really like the Estoc. I also like how the Shields seem to block less damage, so you are going to have to think more about which one you use.

Soldato
I am Assassin. I really like the Estoc. I also like how the Shields seem to block less damage, so you are going to have to think more about which one you use.

Yeah, also it looks like you cant get away with strafe while blocking then counter on bosses and most enemies any more.

They were pretty generous with the knights equips, shield blocks 100%, longsword pretty decent and the armour shouldn't be sniffed at considering weight/protection/look.

New skill system is a nice addition with some shields having parry and others allowing right hand skills. This is shown by the weapon or circular shield symbol on the shield.

Soldato
Was it worth dropping the scaling a bit for it?

I went with knight and broadsword i found. c + d scaling on str and dex, not as long but healthy amount of damage and speed. I heard a sunlight sword drops from undead with daggers on the high wall so i might farm for one of them as that has c + c scaling, then use a refined stone and hope for b + b.

It depends on what build you want. I won't keep the Longsword long, but it should be good until I get a weapon with a bit more range, maybe a greatsword :) Got the guide coming today :)

Soldato
Booted up last night just to see if it was actually working. For me at least the Steam overlay wasn't coming up and my overclocks weren't being applied (prob had something else running in the background though...). I literally just sat through the intro cinematic and walked around for a few seconds before quitting though :D Really looking forward to playing this tonight, never bothered to finish 2 as I was quite disappointed with it (...that and it had no cloud saves? :mad:), but this seems to be shaping up to be the "true" sequel.

I don't think this has cloud saves?

Soldato
Remember people are sensitive to apoilers with these games so tag anything boss/area/lore related as usual :)

Sorry mate. You went with Herald than. If you want an easier start I'd change to Knight, a point in Faith, and 1000 souls to buy the heal spell and the Talisman from firelink shrine. The knight starts with one attunement slot too.

Starting level same as Herald, so same amount of souls to put in the specific areas you want your build to be.

Great armour, good sword and shield(mind you the Herald shield is good too, blocks 100% physical).

Good luck.

Soldato
Just downloading :).

How's everyone finding it so far? Gameplay, graphics, performance etc?

Just played a couple of hours and it is great, some mechanics like parrying are hard to pull of, but that's countered by fast rolling even with over 50% equip burden.

Graphics, spot on, so far like Bloodbourne, with better armour! Great music and sound effects.

Playing on Ultra settings @ 1080P on my 970, smooth as margarine.

Soldato
Just played a couple of hours and it is great, some mechanics like parrying are hard to pull of, but that's countered by fast rolling even with over 50% equip burden.

Graphics, spot on, so far like Bloodbourne, with better armour! Great music and sound effects.

Playing on Ultra settings @ 1080P on my 970, smooth as margarine.

Thanks, sounds great :D.

Couple of hours should be finished. Now just to wait lol.

Soldato
OP
Looks like that is the end of my game, everytime I load and get in game at one of the bonfires, walking 2 steps crashes it to desktop every single time. :(

Soldato
Looks like that is the end of my game, everytime I load and get in game at one of the bonfires, walking 2 steps crashes it to desktop every single time. :(

What have you tried so far?

Me too. I don't feel confident with it at all. Seems glitchy.

It does but i can assure you it isn't but the time frame for parrying is a lot shorter (due to battle pace increase) with a slight miss-parrying still blocking the damage just not stunning and a off parry leaving you open to damage. I saw the developer game play preview with a tester who was pretty good going through the first hour of game play and absolutely bossing all the one on ones with his parrying and reposte.

Be glad that it is difficult, what ruined the batman/shadow of mordor games toward the end was the standard block and parry to one hit everything. I can imagine once you learn it, its incredibly rewarding.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
What have you tried so far?

Teleporting to other bonfires and carrying on from there, as soon as I get up and move it freezes and comes up with 'DS3 has stopped working'. Validating files, lowering settings, using SweetFX and then removed it again once it still crashed. Tried using keyboard and mouse with pad unplugged, tried running from bonfires staring at the ground or the sky. Can't think of anything else at the minute. The distance I can get from a bonfire is very consistent too, as soon as I leave a bonfire in any direction it crashes after about 6 feet.

Thankfully crashes seem like a big issue for a lot of people so it will eventually get patched out, I hope?

Soldato
Looking around the web, lowering your lighting settings might help with bonfire crashes. That's what I'm going to try later anyway.

Edit: Nvm, that's presumably what you meant by 'lowering settings.'

Soldato
OP
Looking around the web, lowering your lighting settings might help with bonfire crashes. That's what I'm going to try later anyway.

Edit: Nvm, that's presumably what you meant by 'lowering settings.'

You may be on to something there, before I just resorted to setting everything to low and it still crashed. This time actually maxed every setting and kept lighting on low and it didn't crash. Might be worth noting for people having the same issues.

Back
Top Bottom