Dark Souls 3

Yeah the pace at which the game moves seems way faster than previous entries, I'm guessing they're pulling a lot of influence from Bloodbourne? (I've read a few complaints that they've actually re-used a lot of assists from BB in terms of animations, etc. albeit in a slightly tweaked form?) I started with a knight and was shocked to find that I could (what felt like) fast roll without having to un-equip anything.

If that's the case I'm actually looking forward to it, I think turtling behind a shield and circling an enemy until a backstab opportunity presented itself was way too much of a viable strategy in the other games. I'm guessing with these weapon arts (?) too there'll be plenty option to forgo a shield entirely and just rely on these fast paced rolls n' dodges.

Speaking of which, have they done anything special with dual-wielding this time round? Remember it being somewhat lacklustre before hand.

Soldato
Teleporting to other bonfires and carrying on from there, as soon as I get up and move it freezes and comes up with 'DS3 has stopped working'. Validating files, lowering settings, using SweetFX and then removed it again once it still crashed. Tried using keyboard and mouse with pad unplugged, tried running from bonfires staring at the ground or the sky. Can't think of anything else at the minute. The distance I can get from a bonfire is very consistent too, as soon as I leave a bonfire in any direction it crashes after about 6 feet.

Thankfully crashes seem like a big issue for a lot of people so it will eventually get patched out, I hope?

So it must have been working to get other bonfires going... did you use sweetfx after this? Standard driver updates is all I recommend, and no mods. I haven't had a problem luckily.

Loving this so far, 'feels' like Dark souls as DS2 didnt. Had the crashing but putting lighting on 'low' stopped it untill i quit the game and came back, crashes again but it had turned lighting back to max? so keep an eye on it!

Soldato
Anyone having issues getting the game to detect their pad? I have a tonne of controllers and pads installed on my OS (wheels, joy pads, etc) and even with them unplugged it still isn't seeing either my 360 pad or steam pad. Any ideas?

Soldato
Yeah I have no idea what weapon artsare about. The weapon I started with didn't have one, and one I picked up seemed pretty useless tbh.

The Souls games have always had great areas, but so far imo the 3 areas I've been to are a class above anything else in the series.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I have no idea what weapon atatd are about. The weapon I started with didn't have one, and one I picked up seemed pretty useless tbh.

The Souls games have always had great areas, but so far imo the 3 areas I've been to are a class above anything else in the series.

It is certainly the most complex one, with weapon arts. I can see weapon art mastery to be key in PvP, and generally actually.

I can see why parrying is hard against fast enemies now, basically a longsword can guard break.

Last edited:
Soldato
Have you tested the pad in control panel to see if Windows recognises it? If it does, I'm stumped.

Yeah they work fine with other games. I had this issue with rocket league too. I think the game is looking for one of the other controllers or getting confused that way. Just wanted to see if anyone else was having issues. I might try uninstalling all of the controller drivers and see if that works

Back
Top Bottom