***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
Can't even be bothered to play this till the loot and spawn issue is fixed.

I understand it's Alpha and we are meant to be testing it but come on. It's literally unplayable in every sense atm.

There's no loot or zombies unless you get on as soon as the server restarts. You can't heal a fallen team mate because when you are unconscious your body just floats away. Getting loot of shelves or from under beds is almost impossible because of the game engine and LoS issues. For some reason weapons and items from Arma 2 just aren't in the loot tables. It can't be difficult to just add a Winchester or Lee Enfield to the tables and have a little bit more diversity to the game.

Game has CLEARLY been pushed out of the doors for Christmas.

My tip for anyone wanting to get DayZ Standalone, either stick to playing the mod and mods of the mod, or buy Arma 2 and play the mod instead. It's less buggy, there is more content, it's got better developers and get much more frequent updates.

Standalone at this moment in time and likely in the next year to come will be a much worse game than the original mod and other community versions.

Soldato
Can't even be bothered to play this till the loot and spawn issue is fixed.

I understand it's Alpha and we are meant to be testing it but come on. It's literally unplayable in every sense atm.

There's no loot or zombies unless you get on as soon as the server restarts. You can't heal a fallen team mate because when you are unconscious your body just floats away. Getting loot of shelves or from under beds is almost impossible because of the game engine and LoS issues. For some reason weapons and items from Arma 2 just aren't in the loot tables. It can't be difficult to just add a Winchester or Lee Enfield to the tables and have a little bit more diversity to the game.

Game has CLEARLY been pushed out of the doors for Christmas.

My tip for anyone wanting to get DayZ Standalone, either stick to playing the mod and mods of the mod, or buy Arma 2 and play the mod instead. It's less buggy, there is more content, it's got better developers and get much more frequent updates.

Standalone at this moment in time and likely in the next year to come will be a much worse game than the original mod and other community versions.

Even Rocket said for people not to buy if they dont understand Alpha. For a Alpha it's very much playable for me I have no issue finding loot.

Associate
Caporegime
Even Rocket said for people not to buy if they dont understand Alpha. For a Alpha it's very much playable for me I have no issue finding loot.

Millitary gear such as weapons and loot respawn is borked.

By the way Dean has been working on the zombie animations throughout the development, so why do they still walk through walls. Did he not see this during development?

Soldato

It's not a matter of having issues finding loot. The loot doesn't respawn neither do the zombies. I know it's Alpha and it's not the first Alpha I've played. I just don't think it should have been released at this stage, it's clearly only been released because of Christmas.

There are MASSIVE game breaking bugs that are not being fixed. I understand it's a holiday season, all the more reason for it to have not been released yet.

The bugs are so big and easy to spot that you don't need thousands of people testing the game to find them.

Soldato
It hasn't been released, its an Alpha.

People have been demanding to play it for months and months, so let them. People are enjoying it and if you don't then its your own bloody fault for buying into an Alpha.

Soldato
Early access isn't a release in my opinion, its early access to the full game. They can release it at any stage they want because its EARLY ACCESS. Its repeated so many times that its going to be a buggy mess, even the developer tells you not to buy it.

I just don't see the point in complaining about the state its in right now.

Soldato
I just don't like the fact it's obviously been released early to bait on the younger people that won't understand but will have money over Christmas and buy it anyway.

It's also much more expensive that Rocket himself originally stated it would be and also the fact there is no discount for owners of Arma 2 like Rocket originally stated.

I don't mean released in the sense of it being a full release, I just mean that it has been released for purchase.

Soldato
Was it anyone from here who I just met up in the NE airfield?

Nearly wet myself when I went into the cell building closest to the hanger and the cell was open, just at that moment the voice came over direct!! Think both of us were equally relieved to put our guns down!! :)

Hopefully everyone also got the message about server restart over global.

Back
Top Bottom