US: Dexter Season 8 (contains spoilers)

Soldato
After having had the day to digest things, the only thing that comes to mind is, that the professor could well be the one who originally designed 'the code' for Harry to teach Dexter.

Associate
Great first episode to the season. It's difficult to see how there's any way back for Dexter and Deb's relationship now. It's lying in absolute tatters.
Do we even think some kind of resolution between them can be written in?

Also, why are nutters, evil people and folks with questionable morals always English?! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Interesting twist at the end!

I expected another "Lundy style" season-long game of cat and mouse. Didn't see it coming :)

I'm guessing that Dexter's Dad went to her when he was young for advice on how to handle a sociopath / psychopath? She is one of the foremost experts after all. Perhaps she was the architect of 'the code', or at least a part of its conception? If so, will be interesting to see how Dexter reacts to her. Over the past few series he's started to develop a resentment towards his father for putting him on this path - at least at times.

Soldato
OP
I'm guessing that Dexter's Dad went to her when he was young for advice on how to handle a sociopath / psychopath? She is one of the foremost experts after all. Perhaps she was the architect of 'the code', or at least a part of its conception? If so, will be interesting to see how Dexter reacts to her. Over the past few series he's started to develop a resentment towards his father for putting him on this path - at least at times.

Dexter was one of her patients therefore. Directly or indirectly I guess.

Interestingly for her, that Dexter has gone 'off-code' of late with some 'uncontrolled; violence and kills.

Soldato
Just watched the first episode and it was great, gritty and realistic and amazing for it BUT......

It was pretty much ruined by the season trailer that aired after it, that basically threw away all serious tone with the way this season is set up - Vogel great character , but thrown a ****** story line. I cant believe the script writers are so childish in how they are approaching this season , its a joke and they expect us to believe it and care? laughable.

Soldato
Just watched the first episode and it was great, gritty and realistic and amazing for it BUT......

It was pretty much ruined by the season trailer that aired after it, that basically threw away all serious tone with the way this season is set up - Vogel great character , but thrown a ****** story line. I cant believe the script writers are so childish in how they are approaching this season , its a joke and they expect us to believe it and care? laughable.

Why not? :)

Serious or light hearted, Dexter's a lot more consistent for me so far than say, House.

Soldato
Why not? :)

Serious or light hearted, Dexter's a lot more consistent for me so far than say, House.

but the problem is they have a central character that gets away with far too much with no consequences and we have had 7 seasons of it already...and now were expected to believe that this top dog super psycho hunter wants Dexter on her side instead of simply shutting him down? come on....its a little ridiculous for a final season.

Why dont they just focus on Deb and Dex relationship for the season and make it as authentic and as gritty as they can, leading to some massive showdown...they dont need these side stories thrown in at this stage of the show (which basically amount to villain of the week/season) since all the characters have massive back stories that they can use.

Soldato
OP
but the problem is they have a central character that gets away with far too much with no consequences and we have had 7 seasons of it already...and now were expected to believe that this top dog super psycho hunter wants Dexter on her side instead of simply shutting him down? come on....its a little ridiculous for a final season.

Why dont they just focus on Deb and Dex relationship for the season and make it as authentic and as gritty as they can, leading to some massive showdown...they dont need these side stories thrown in at this stage of the show (which basically amount to villain of the week/season) since all the characters have massive back stories that they can use.

Have you only watched the first ep of Season 8? Because Deb and Dexter is pretty much the focus thus far and in a way it is a little entwined with the small Vogel subplot.

Soldato

I suspect strongly that Vogel is herself a psychopath and is actually behind the coercion of her patients into carrying out the season 8 spate of killings. She is playing Dex by pretending she needs his protection but is probably setting him up in some way. Deborah is a problem for Vogel because Dex cares for his sister deeply - he is in fact not a psychopath at all, and Vogel thinks Deb is holding him back from going 'full psycho'. Headgames for Dex will follow as he starts to trust Vogel and Debs becomes more of a liability. :eek:

It wouldn't be Dexter without some 'serial killer of the season' arc to figure out/follow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom