US: Dexter Season 8 (contains spoilers)

Caporegime
Yeah its run its course and im happy for it to be the final season now....

I dont see how they can give it a happy ending....

Maybe Harrison will be "born in blood" too I dunno ... Who knows i just hope when it does end im not pee'd off that it was crap or a cop out.

Soldato
This season has been horrific, what a Massive shame :( I am guessing a key script writer has left because it's bloody amateur hour every episode of season 8. Also they keep giving dexter cringeworthy dialogue. Example, when guessing debs password, his voice overs usually when driving are ridiculous compared to early seasons.

When he went fishing for information on the fitness freak cannibal was bloody hilariously awful. They must have scored a big contract with apple because every episode is pushing the iPhone/iTunes :(

I will finish the season but what a Massacre of one of the finest tv shows during seasons 1-3.

Soldato
Just to prove my point about the massive Apple advert the show has become, check out all the product placement from one episode of Dexter. Imagine this throughout a season lol.

It is a joke :|

crp4.jpg

r11i.jpg

j8od.jpg

n11a.jpg

sthc.jpg

97aa.jpg

3o5e.jpg

d898.jpg

521y.jpg

ypoe.jpg

q75k.jpg

zhhr.jpg

2hle.jpg

mmyn.jpg

2hju.jpg

e4cd.jpg

8oe9.jpg

Soldato
End of the day they are using devices, phones and computers in this case, and they reflect what people use. Apple must've offered more than any other manufacturer so we see them instead of Samsung etc. At least it's not like Mythbusters where they tape over logo's or blur them out. Now that would be stupid.

Soldato
End of the day they are using devices, phones and computers in this case, and they reflect what people use. Apple must've offered more than any other manufacturer so we see them instead of Samsung etc. At least it's not like Mythbusters where they tape over logo's or blur them out. Now that would be stupid.

Nothing wrong with product placement to create a realistic scene. My problem is they are going out of there way, due to some contract to apple with extreme closeup shots and inserting Apple devices just so they can display them.

Loading up Itunes and selecting her song was just stupid. They are removing content from the show to advertise for Apple :|

Soldato
I didn't mind that episode so much. It was fast paced and Dex and Deb have had a happy Adams family reunion with Dr Vogel on his boat tossing dead bodies into the sea. Awwww, shucks. Gives me nice feelings inside. :)

Soldato
Just watch the damn show! I did not even give a second thought to product placement. Fact is most people tend to have an iPhone in real life (heathens! :p) so the fact they use them in a TV show makes no odds.

Soldato
Just watch the damn show! I did not even give a second thought to product placement. Fact is most people tend to have an iPhone in real life (heathens! :p) so the fact they use them in a TV show makes no odds.

It's the worst season of dexter, even beating season 6. If the writing wasn't so hortible, the product placement would be less noticeable.

Soldato
Sad to see this once great programme slowly fizzling out.

The Dr. Vogel character is just plain annoying which is surprising as Charlotte Rampling is usually a decent actress. She's just totally unbelievable as this character.

I'm even starting to dislike Dexter himself. I wonder if this is the the script writers aim?

Permabanned
I actually forgot to watch this the other week.

To be honest though I lost interest in Dexter a while back and the last season was just totally forgettable. Dexter just has that 'Jack Bauer' invincible status where you know nothing bad will ever come to him, until possibly the last season where the writers can do whatever they want with the protagonist.

I agree it's been rubbish so far but I think it's going to pick up speed from here on out and I also think Dexter's nocturnal activities will be revealed towards the end and he'll be caught.

Any other ending would be a huge cop-out in my opinion.

Caporegime
i think it will end up with deb killing him as another choose one or another situation happens and this time dexter gets his comeuppance .

Associate
After episode 6...

For once in this season I am excited to see the next episode, looking forward to see how it all pans out now :)

sexy Hannah :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wouldn't surprise me if the dexter actor was getting bored of being dexter by now so maybe this is the opportunity for a spin off series and the end of dexter.

I have to force my self to watch this latest series :(

Associate
6 episodes left to satisfactorily wrap up:

Being a serial killer
Vogul situation
Mentoring new serial killer
Deb situation
Not leaving Harrison an orphan
The return of Hannah
Other concurrently running storylines - Deb and her boss/the new potential love interest for Dexter and so on...

It's way too much already. *sigh*

Soldato
This season has been horrific, what a Massive shame :( I am guessing a key script writer has left because it's bloody amateur hour every episode of season 8. Also they keep giving dexter cringeworthy dialogue. Example, when guessing debs password, his voice overs usually when driving are ridiculous compared to early seasons.

When he went fishing for information on the fitness freak cannibal was bloody hilariously awful. They must have scored a big contract with apple because every episode is pushing the iPhone/iTunes :(

I will finish the season but what a Massacre of one of the finest tv shows during seasons 1-3.

You know that Michael C. Hall himself has been involved behind the camera this season.

I do agree tho, there have been some uncharacteristic poor section of this season.

Back
Top Bottom