** EKWB-PREDATOR - AVAILABLE NOW **

Permabanned
I have agreed to confidentiality about the product currently. I am not allowed to give you insight.

when they tell me I can.

not been given any further info than that at the moment.

only teasing but I hate nda's especially when it is should be better than any other aio on the market

Associate
This is an AIO (All In One), but not a CLC (closed loop cooler). I had asked them to get a sample of the Raijintek Triton, Fractal Kelvin/Alphacool Eisberg/CM Eisberg, and Swiftech H220-X to go with the usual CLCs so they must be waiting for the entire sample list to be tested first. Either way, some reviewers are getting samples of the EK predator this week itself as far as I know so launch day reviews should be a go from mainstream media.

Soldato
This is an AIO (All In One), but not a CLC (closed loop cooler).

It's the same thing mate, the full name is a Closed Loop AIO Liquid Cooler. This is a pre assembled custom loop built using off the shelf parts (I'm not complaining, I wish more companies made them as it's a much better option than AIO for a lot of users, just pointing it out).

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Don't get why the aren't 280 and 420 instead, I thought 140mm was the standard now for most cases.

very much not the case

120mm is still the standard with most 140mm cases still offering a 120mm mount also

Watercooling radiators are nearly all 120mm, we sell perhaps 15:1 against 140mm standard rads.

You have to remember also that a 120mm radiator from a proper watercooling manufacturer will easily outperform a 140mm radiator attached to a bog standard AIO cooler.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
The prices I will go live with will be the prices EKWB suggest on their back end ordering system.

Seeing as the product wont be live on their reseller portal until Friday, I guess they are just covering their backs.

still, not nice to see when EKWB and other partners are putting a lot of time and effort into making this launch a success.

Caporegime
This would have been perfect for me if you could link them together.

I could have 2 240 ones side by side in the front of my case, theoretically cooling my cpu and planned SLI, but (as far as I am aware) you can't have 2 pumps in a single loop.

I guess the alternative would be for one to cool my cpu, and the other to cool the 2 cards.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I'm more interested in its performance/build quality/price. Couldn't careless what it's called.

Ferrari released a car called the La Ferrari.

What a rubbish name.

terrible marketing from them

nobody is going to want one of those.

I have asked EKWB to change the name of the cooler to:
EK Water Blocks Thermal Conductivity Master 360 Heat Slayer Nitro Hybrid Plus XXX ECO System Enhancer All In One Liquid Cooling Assembly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom