F1 Season 2024 - Pre-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just turned this on for the first time and watching the Merc trundling round, looks so much lower than last years car, only time I rememeber them looking that low was at Austin and we know what happened there.

Associate
Are Red Bull no longer winning the championship because Perez was 1.2 seconds slower than Sainz?
Yep that's how it works /s

However, I'm laughing at the thought of Sainz winning the championship for Ferrari and still being jettisoned! Would be such a Ferarri thing to do.

Soldato
Just turned this on for the first time and watching the Merc trundling round, looks so much lower than last years car, only time I rememeber them looking that low was at Austin and we know what happened there.
Seems Merc can only find downforce by lowering the car these days. Are we going to go back to the bumps?

Soldato
Isn't that where every car finds down force now? Funny as they were the only ones at the end of the old era to not use high rake until FIA change the rules for 2021.

Soldato
This is embarrassing for the circuit. To have it happen once is a poor showing; to allow it to happen twice is negligent. Every one of those covers will have to be checked before the racing begins.
Yep the clerk of the course needs to ensure the safety of the drivers and do their job properly. At least time is on their hands before the first practise and I'm sure the FIA will now be doing thorough track inspections.

Soldato
Isn't that where every car finds down force now? Funny as they were the only ones at the end of the old era to not use high rake until FIA change the rules for 2021.
Yes the lower the car the better impact the ground effect will have but it's a balancing act between this and the porpoising..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom