Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Having never been interested in the games, this trailer has made me very excited for the series. So I'd say it's a success so far. The resident anti-Disney, anti-Marvel, anti-women brigade can bore off as far as I'm concerned. Rings of Power was also superb, I watched it recently and dont at all understand the hate. It was excellent.

EDIT:
Oh nice, Michael Emerson. Haven't seen him in anything since Lost.
Yes!!

Last edited:
Soldato
In a world setting of a future atomic war, with ghouls, super mutants, radroaches and death claws forgive me if I’m able to suspend ‘real world’ attributes and use a bit of imagination with the story. If I can’t get over a woman lead character I don’t stand a chance with the rest of the story

Anyway. It’s a nuclear future. Perhaps she has mutated due to the nuclear fallout and super strength was her gift. There you go. It’s explained in cannon now

Caporegime
I never played the Titanic game, but the film was good.
Haha.

Surely the primary audience for these videogames based shows is people who are familiar with the games and the lore!

Halo , fallout, resident evil and twisted metal are the most recent examples. Not watched any of them as I didn't really like the videogames they are based on that much.

rp2000

Don
The resident anti-Disney, anti-Marvel, anti-women brigade can bore off as far as I'm concerned.

Pretty much this - thread bans will be handed out if there's any more of the usual crap regarding "wokeness", female leads or anything in that vague ball park. It's boring coming into almost every thread in the TV and Movie section and seeing the same regurgitated tripe.

Similarly if you've got no interest in the show at all, then let me know and I can pre-emptively thread ban you to save you the hassle of replying

Last edited:
Caporegime
I wonder if they'll bother with the games depiction of the vaults being horrific experiments which would at least be a decent subplot if it's not the plot itself and then there's the issue of China which considering the diametrically opposed narrative in the game universe to TV/movie producers gagging for that market... I can't say I'm looking forward to whatever they do there.

Man of Honour
Pretty much this - thread bans will be handed out if there's any more of the usual crap regarding "wokeness", female leads or anything in that vague ball park. It's boring coming into almost every thread in the TV and Movie section and seeing the same regurgitated tripe.

I think this is a bit of an unfair generalisation, it's an issue that people want to discuss. As long as it isn't doing so in a destructive way I think it's a bit unreasonable to tar it all the same way. I think my post was pretty acceptable, am I right in thinking that? Please let me know if I'm not understanding this right so I can adjust, as I'd like to continue to discuss it in a productive manner where applicable.

Don
I think this is a bit of an unfair generalisation, it's an issue that people want to discuss. As long as it isn't doing so in a destructive way I think it's a bit unreasonable to tar it all the same way.
Discussing the issue in regards to the thread and show - absolutely.
Going full rant with "herp derp another woman lead, there hasn't been any real female leads since Aliens lolz get woke go broke gg disney" as most here seem to, isn't acceptable. E.g. some of the deleted posts are discussing whether people have Disney+ subs - it isn't even a Disney show!

I think my post was pretty acceptable, am I right in thinking that? Please let me know if I'm not understanding this right so I can adjust, as I'd like to continue to discuss it in a productive manner where applicable.
No issues with your posts :)

Soldato
I don't think there was anything about not being allowed an opinion.

It's just you can go into nearly any movie/series thread and one of the usual suspects will complain if it has, in their eyes, a box ticking exercise.

At this point it's predictable and beyond frustrating for the majority of people who just want to look forward to or discuss a series of interest to them. There was no criticism of who they chose to play the woman exiting the vault with regards to if they could actually convincingly act the role but it was right to "oh look a mary sue".

We're at the point I wish we almost had two movie/series sub-forums and allow one to split off for people who just want to be negative about everything.

Don
Finally just watched the trailer myself.

It's enough to perk my interest, I will avoid any other trailers until it's released now and judge it for myself :) Glad to see Dogmeat making an appearance though :D

Caporegime
I don't think there was anything about not being allowed an opinion.

It's just you can go into nearly any movie/series thread and one of the usual suspects will complain if it has, in their eyes, a box ticking exercise.

At this point it's predictable and beyond frustrating for the majority of people who just want to look forward to or discuss a series of interest to them. There was no criticism of who they chose to play the woman exiting the vault with regards to if they could actually convincingly act the role but it was right to "oh look a mary sue".

We're at the point I wish we almost had two movie/series sub-forums and allow one to split off for people who just want to be negative about everything.
Not all of us read all the threads, here. I honestly have no idea how often this has been discussed, and I didn't think my post was a rant either. I just don't think these type of characters are very well written. I'll say no more, here or elsewhere, but I do think treating people like naughty children is uncalled for.

Soldato
Fallout series has a certain style to it, I really hope they pull it off in the series.

The whole close to history but alternative 1950's post atomic era setting, even your car is atomic powered.

It's like a real life version of what they thought the world would look like in the future, and then you take that and nuke it, and what is left is the fallout universe. Genius.

If needs that certain style, if they get that right, the rest will follow.

They need to not over do some stuff, like if they have a Mr Handy, for the love of god don't make it the main character, completely CGI and like Jarjar Binx out of star wars.

Less talking is good, like Mad Mad Fury Road.

The trailer looks ok, but I have a slight concern about stuff being overdone, vertibirds, power armour etc, yes of course they should be on there, but they shouldn't be the main focus.

I hope it keeps it all down to earth, otherwise it'll be just like, insert any other superficial sci fi with fancy CGI.

Soldato
Jeez, gonna be some fallout in the morning.

Best nuka this thread and stick it in the vault.

Reopen when the show airs. There will actually be something to discuss then, either negative or positive.

Back
Top Bottom