Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
I'm interested, but films/series made from video games don't have the best reputation (although I think the more recent uncharted and halo ones were pretty good). I don't care who the lead is as long as the content is good.

Caporegime
Also worried about how they handle BOS as Bethesda has too often treated them like angels when they're anything but.
Well that's what happens when you sell off your IP. Although we can prefer what they were in a previous outing, what they are now is effectively whatever Beth want them to be. They have complete creative and narrative control, I would imagine.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Bloody hell. Would not expect to see deleted posts in here. Lol.

Anyway. Really looking forward to this. It has so much potential if they get it right!

I actually do not care who they cast. As long as that person is the best they can find for the role and not doing it to tick a box.

Soldato
I'm interested, but films/series made from video games don't have the best reputation (although I think the more recent uncharted and halo ones were pretty good). I don't care who the lead is as long as the content is good.
I think The Last of Us has really paved the way as to what producers can achieve if they do it well.

Soldato
I think The Last of Us has really paved the way as to what producers can achieve if they do it well.
Different games, tlou was a story driven game whereas fallout 3 and 4 were open world rpgs so the writers of the tv show have unlimited scope to craft whatever narrative they want really.

Hopefully it's better than tlou which got worse as it progressed and was a snooze fest largely.

Soldato
Different games, tlou was a story driven game whereas fallout 3 and 4 were open world rpgs so the writers of the tv show have unlimited scope to craft whatever narrative they want really.

Hopefully it's better than tlou which got worse as it progressed and was a snooze fest largely.
Fair point. Yes there's a big difference between story-led game series and more open-world RPGs. I've never played Fallout so can't comment. But for example RDR2 is arguably one of the best open-world games but at the same time has a fantastic and involving story to play through.

I thought TLOU was great throughout.

Associate
After watching the trailer it reminded me how much i used to enjoy playing Fallout so I fired up Fallout 4 again for the first time in probably just under 2 years.

I'm now torn between continuing with my previous save or starting again from scratch. :confused:

Oh yea I knew I'd forgotten one :p . Doom is the one that sticks in my mind for being poor:cry:.
For me, Doom is in the 'So bad its Good' category :cry:

Caporegime
Looks great to me.

Wide eyed innocent vault dweller.
Brother of Steel zealot
A ghoul who has seen it all go to hell.
Matt Berry as a Mr. Handy robot.

Looks like we will be getting lots of flashbacks, a bit like they did with 'The Last of Us'

Reactions: taB
Associate
I agree it totally has the look and feel down. Hopefully they spin a worthy tale too. I wasn't expecting the full series to drop, I thought the trend amongst the streaming studios was back to drip feeding episodes weekly.

Back
Top Bottom