Football Banter Thread

Soldato
:p

0lC8ns4.jpg

Man of Honour
Why do people do that?! I just don't get it. Not quite as bad as Steve McLaren but still...
I think it's subconciously about mirroring people to build rapport. If I spend an intensive amount of time with people with a certain accent I start mirroring them. Stayed with relatives in Yorkshire and was doing subtle Yorkshire accent, went to Australia for a few weeks and it was rubbing off on me etc.

These football people get ridiculed for it but I completely understand how it could be happening without deliberate effort, based on my experiences.

Man of Honour
I read today that Robert Jarni got sacked from his Croatia U17 coaching role for saying he wants Betis to beat Dinamo Zagreb. He's a former Betis player, who also played for and supported Dinamo's main rivals.

I think this is a bit harsh. I mean, let's say Terry Venables had come out and said he wanted Barcelona to beat Arsenal when he was England assistant coach, I wouldn't have held that against him. He was a former Barca manager, he played for Arsenal's main rivals plus Chelsea, in fact he played for and/or managed quite a few London clubs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom