Fractal North, case of the year contender

Soldato
Ouch. Guess I'll have to pick something else... maybe one of the Corsairs that have an optional wooden panel now. Or go with the original plan of an mATX board and a Pop Air Mini... but none of them look as good as the North :(

It depends on which one you want. The black mesh one was available for next day delivery for a few days last week on another site (I want the white one though and have waited 3 months not gonna buckle now! :p) so there is stock appearing.

I emailed OCUK last week and they said mine was due in mid April but that remains to be seen…..

Man of Honour
Do we know if this case even exists in the uk? Particularly looking for the white windowed version. Been trying to find one for a couple of months with no joy. OCUK doesn't list a lead time, I've seen one place saying due on 31st May... still says due 31st May, and I've seen the black variant pop up for scalper prices elsewhere and obviously nuts to that.

Planning a 7800X3D build when those cpus launch, but at this rate it'll be all the bits sitting on my desk with no case to put them in :( I'd be prepared to pre-order, but not without an ETA of some sort.

Problem at this point is that I feel like going for any other case will just make me sad because everything looks inferior and juvenile next to the North...

I gave up on it - from what I can make out Fractal promises stock of it the end of the next month, which never materialises and then becomes the end of the next month, etc.

I'm tempted to look at DIY modifying a case this style but only an idea at the back of my mind for now.

Associate
I have the tg version.
Amazing looking case, you would not be disappointed if you wait. Easy to build in considering I haven't for a decade.
I got lucky sourcing one. Was being messed around one month then the next etc too.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the tg version.
Amazing looking case, you would not be disappointed if you wait. Easy to build in considering I haven't for a decade.
I got lucky sourcing one. Was being messed around one month then the next etc too.
Yeah they seem to be hard to find, luckily i'm looking to build new pc in couple of months. Glad you like it !!

Associate
I managed to find a white one with glass side panel a few weeks ago.
I have a 5800x3d, 3080 ti, Lumin 360 aio mounted in the front, and its really quiet, need to do some stress testing on it.
I just looked where I got it from and theres no stock, guess I was lucky.
Will post a pic of the build shortly

Soldato
It depends on which one you want. The black mesh one was available for next day delivery for a few days last week on another site (I want the white one though and have waited 3 months not gonna buckle now! :p) so there is stock appearing.

I emailed OCUK last week and they said mine was due in mid April but that remains to be seen…..
Me of little faith my white mesh has shipped today. :)

Associate
One thing to note, even though they say is that it will take a full sized power supply, it's very cramped underneath, I had to leave out one of the drive trays out.

Associate
One thing to note, even though they say is that it will take a full sized power supply, it's very cramped underneath, I had to leave out one of the drive trays out.
Yes that's correct.
My standard 850w Seasonic semi modular supply was a very sung fit.
No hope with anything larger.

Associate
Hmm will be ok with aio in the front, and a side bracket. I have an aio 360 in the front and thermals are good.
Side fan bracket with an air cooler is tricky.

Associate
Anyone heard any news about shipping?

Customer service said mid May- end of June so was going to ask them but figured I'd ask here before I did

Soldato
Ugh... I could wait for end of May, not so much June. At this point I'm considering actually paying the extortionate import/shipping costs from somewhere in the US. Except when I look at the ripoff options they're still all "6 weeks" - which basically means unknown.

Thinking Pure Base 500DX for now, then decide in 6-12 months whether I still want that North. Case swaps are annoying, but less of a pain than a full reinstall.

Associate
Ugh... I could wait for end of May, not so much June. At this point I'm considering actually paying the extortionate import/shipping costs from somewhere in the US. Except when I look at the ripoff options they're still all "6 weeks" - which basically means unknown.

Thinking Pure Base 500DX for now, then decide in 6-12 months whether I still want that North. Case swaps are annoying, but less of a pain than a full reinstall.
Other websites say next week and end of May.

I don't really want to swap it out, but its the final part of my order before I can build and the already 10 day wait has been killing me

Soldato
Seeing stock of the mesh in a couple of places today :)

Gonna hold out for the windowed. There's one saying due to ship 15th May, that's not a terrible wait and it's believable now!

Back
Top Bottom