Games you're playing, and games...

Associate
Gran Turismo 7 with VR - Honestly I can't believe how immersive this feels, I thought it would be a steep learning curve adapting to playing it like that but it just instantly clicked, i'm finding that i'm racing a lot cleaner and whilst i'm not a great player at all i've found my lap times in general have improved a lot!

Soldato
Gran Turismo 7 with VR - Honestly I can't believe how immersive this feels, I thought it would be a steep learning curve adapting to playing it like that but it just instantly clicked, i'm finding that i'm racing a lot cleaner and whilst i'm not a great player at all i've found my lap times in general have improved a lot!
Are the new VR headsets still wired?

Associate
Just grabbed TEMPEST 4000 as part of my prime sub. Bloody awesome game, crazy psychdelic almost oily like graphics and a soundtrack that just makes your head nod, it also looks beautiful an OLED display.

Soldato
Pacific Drive - Helldivers is really having an impact here otherwise this game would have been talked about moreso. It is simply brilliant. The controls are Rockstar quality (crap), the UI is rough (on purpose), and the game early on has you balancing so many things whilst feeding you a narrative that goes over your head that you're instantly overwhelmed. However persevere and there is something fantastic here. This is an extraction game so take note that when you leave your garage to go out into the wilds - you cannot save until you return to your garage again. A lot of folks don't like this as some trips can last upto 2hrs and that is quite a lot if your daily life is busy. You can let the console rest however and it'll resume where you left off.

I am 18hrs in and have been poncing about in the outer regions (where you start) of the map so far, gathering resources and upgrading Carl - my battle wagon. Last night I made a 2hr drive to breach 'The Wall' as beyond that is the more dangerous regions. This new region is terrifying and fresh. I'd change my tune about the game and say it is worth the £22 I paid for it.

Edit: No more early morning posts for me! Grammar corrected.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does Pacific Drive use the adaptive triggers on PS5? Can imagine that'd make the driving feel quite engaging if done well.

I enjoyed the demo on PC, but I'm still finishing off Cyberpunk/PL and have got various other games in my backlog to get to, as well as The Invincible which I bought a few weeks back.

As for other games I'm playing, my mate and I gave Moving Out 2 a go the other night and it's a lot of fun, so we'll be returning to that.

Associate
Started playing Uncharted 3. Doesn't seem to be quite as bad as I remember - so far...
My recollection was that Uncharted 3 was good in it's own right, but wasn't as big a jump forward as Uncharted 2 was.

They also did start to move away from the supernatural elements of the previous games, though it felt like a non-committal step due to the hallucination parts and a few parts with the magician. They obviously got the confidence to properly commit to it in U4

Last edited:
Caporegime
My recollection was that Uncharted 3 was good in it's own right, but wasn't as big a jump forward as Uncharted 2 was.

They also did start to move away from the supernatural elements of the previous games, though it felt like a non-committal step due to the hallucination parts and a few parts with the magician. They obviously got the confidence to properly commit to it in U4

2/3 of the way through and it's actually been really good. I think I might have to readjust my order to U2 > U3 > U1 > U4. Be interested to see if U4 actually is better second time around which should be up in a couple more days.

Associate
2/3 of the way through and it's actually been really good. I think I might have to readjust my order to U2 > U3 > U1 > U4. Be interested to see if U4 actually is better second time around which should be up in a couple more days.
odd, I really loved U4, I'd have U4 as my favourite followed by U2.
I liked the 'wider' levels, they gave more options to approach/fight enemies. Also the story felt a lot more matured

Back
Top Bottom