• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Geforce Titan rumours.

Caporegime
OP
http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...nveiled-6-gb-memory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/

Thanks to a key source, we have finally got a first look at NVIDIA’s upcoming GeForce Titan PCB. The GeForce Titan would be NVIDIA’s flagship GPU based on the GK110 core and as we pointed out earlier it would indeed feature a 6 GB VRAM and a custom designed PCB by NVIDIA which is actually the reference design to be used by AIB partners.

NVIDIA GeForce Titan PCB Unveiled

Since our source was still under NDA, he had to blur out the key mappings of the GPU which include part labels. Still we can see much of the GPU itself so have a look below at the beauty that is the GeForce Titan. The PCB is custom designed and reminds me of the GTX 680 classified from EVGA except that the GeForce Titan is based on the GK110 core architecture that features a massive core count of 2688 Cuda Cores. The PCB holds a total 8 phase VRM which is situated at the backside of the PCB along with ICs and MOSFETs. Additional two VRM phases are located near the SLI connectors that power the memory.

GeForce-Titan-635x292.jpg

Read more: http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...emory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/#ixzz2KK9OyhLr

The GeForce Titan features a 6 GB GDDR5 memory running along a 384-bit interface. We can easily spot 12 memory chips on the front, the other 12 are located at the back of the PCB but users won’t be able to see them on the retail model since it comes with a sexy backplate. The best part is that there are actually 2 SLI goldfingers on the GPU which allows Quad-Way SLI Support. This would bring unbeatable performance to enthusiasts who are willing to dish out that kind of cash on their rigs. The GPU is fed power through an 8 Pin and 6 Pin connector which puts the total power draw to 300W but would actually be a tad bit lower but that remains to be seen. We were told a TDP around the 235-250W on the GeForce Titan. Display outputs include the regular configuration of 2 DVI, 1 HDMI and a single display connector.

There’s only one 4 pin fan connector on the PCB so we can say that the cooler shroud would consists of only one fan unlike dual fans found on other flagship GPU. The card itself would occupy two slots and the upper slot would be used to ventilate heat out of the GPU. Well this is all for now but expect more details soon. The GeForce Titan launches this month at a price tag just around the $1000 mark. Its listing can be found here.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidi...emory-gk110-gpu-8-phase-supply/#ixzz2KK9WleNe

Caporegime
OP
Here is another leaked score:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/graphi...rst_Picture_and_Another_Benchmark_Result.html

Supposedly it is called a GTX780.

OTH,after looking at the comments it could be a fake:

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5800985

The e-tailer had it named Geforce GTX Titan and nothing to do with the 780 title. I am bored of the fake 3dmark scores. People with too much time on their hands will always catch them out.

I think you should wait for it to hit shelves before selling your GTX 680's.

Anything could happen between now and then, we also don't know how much it will actually end up costing.

There is a Dual 7970 here for $1500, totally bonkers price, but Asus clearly think they can sell it for that.

I am starting to think the same. I knew I was taking a gamble but if that price is close to the expected release price, Nvidia can do one.

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
Its amazing as i said this to Greg and you never once said anything about it rusty?

So Greg wasnt wrong but this guy is? Im not trying to be a dick but please be consistent not just pick people to shoot down.

I've said what kaaps said all along but Greg had to be funny about it. If the titan is 85% of a 690 its 85% of sli 680s.

Now it could be even more since kaaps just pointed out 690s beat 680s even when oced :/

How much longer will we have to wait? I really need to see how this does!

I explained how it works and will post it again.

Nice Kaap.

At Hamish, the reference of 85% the power of a 690 is used because it is a constant format. If they was to say SLI 680's, other variables need to be considered such as, PCI-E lane speeds, what 680's were used etc etc and it confuses the whole thing (like it is doing with you).

There is 4 different 690's for sale on OcUK and everyone has the same clock speeds. There is 16 different 680's with only 3 having the same clock speeds. This is why you can't compare SLI 680's. If you compare my cards in SLI to a 690, Titan would never be 85% the performance.

Do you get me now?

Kaapstad linked 2*690's against 4*680's. You can get serious overclockers to get a 7850 faster than your 7970 but would that be a fair comparison?

Caporegime
OP
If 2 can beat four Im sure 1 can beat 2 though or maybe because of more bridges? My point is kaap said because of the lower stock clocks don't be fooled that the 690s can't beat sli 680s.

I really doubt a 7850 could beat a 7970 lol this is what Im gonna look out for now.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2335045_booj_3dmark11___performance_radeon_hd_7850_10342_marks

8687. 7970 --------- Madman045

There you go.

Please now stop and let this thread stay on track before it gets closed.

Caporegime
OP
ASUS-GeForce-GTX-Titan.png

Here is the shop in Denmark listing the price before it got taken down.

Other rumours are saying that it will be released on the 20th to coincide with the news of the PS4 but that could be wishfull thinking.

Caporegime
OP
Reviews at 5760 will show large gains. Although coz Gregster has the best 680s you're gonna need to chop a load of these gains off.

I expect gains of around 60-70% over stock 680s at 5760*1080.

It is the triple screens that has me undecided. Both you and I know how restricted 680's are at that res.

Seeing what a 384Bit bus will do is why I am interested and I can still keep my 3D surround.

Private Mistress?

She could buy me those Titans and I would even let her cook my breakfast if she plays her cards right ;)

Caporegime
OP
If it was only...£830 i'd probably end up getting it.
The only thing that would really put me off is no waterblock being available in the not too distant future, not sure i could handle being back on noisy air for longer than 2-3 weeks.

Well, at £830 less the sale of a 680 it would be tempting :p

Same for me. Noise I can put up with if they are bringing water blocks out (I take that as a given) and the sale of a 680 to help ease the blow makes it a little easier.

Caporegime
OP
GTX680 released, we NVIDIA GK110 core reverie. Although the GTX680 is the current flagship graphics card, but use GK104 various parameters specification does not look like flagship goods. End of the 2012's lively, original thinking can calm some of the graphics sector is boiling again, I AIC manufacturers messages received, will be released in February GTX Titan!

It is understood, GTX Titan uses core GK110 Kepler architecture-based consumer-level graphics cards, get the message to become GeForce Titan, As for the final will be named GTX780 temporarily unknown. The GTX Titan (predictive models), NV for finished graphics directly to the AIC manufacturing, similar to the GTX690, so this will be very expensive and limited.

● core area will be even greater!

3177824_hexinmianji.jpg

GK110 will continue using the 28-nanometer process, the pass will have 7.1 billion transistors, full use than the GTX680 GK104 core (GK104 core 3.54 billion), equivalent heap area under the same process, the stacker, GK110 core area will be keep 550mm2 (huge).

3177824_5420f05aa936400eafc87c426c555d29_thumb.jpg

Distance 550mm2 core size is close to the GTX280, also estimated to be about styling this core occupies a large position. Of course, since the stockyard will naturally heat the heap. GTX Titan thermal power will be 235W (GTX680 195, HD7970 is 250 watts), taking into account the Kepler introduces GPU Boost technology, it is estimated that the highest TDP to 300W.

3177824_gk_2.jpg

But judged purely from TDP graphics card power consumption and heat inaccurate GTX480 TDP or 240W, but ultimately stove and electric tiger title, I believe we have heard. GTX680's TDP is 195W, the overall performance compared to the GTX480, one day.

Titan will be used for the the GK110 core to provide the ability to NVIDIA Tesla family of enterprise-class rival the Titan chip will at least disable a group SMX unit, leaving only 2688 CUDA cores (although this is still beyond the GTX 680 series over 1000 ).

titanspecs.jpg

● Parameter Specification

Allegedly, NVIDIA GeForce new Titan - "neatly" with reference to the 18688 nodes using Cray's supercomputer at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory Titan on Tesla K20X GPU.

Whether it is called the GeForce Titan GeForce GTX 780, the card will be the history of most cattle 13 consumer-level graphics cards, with 2688 stream processors with 384-bit 5.2GHz 6GB GDDR5 memory, but the core frequency is not high paltry 732MHz (high temperature you understand).

Caporegime
OP
Sorry Greg this chart looks fake

The give away is the numbers on the right - the top three have a single value but the Titan has a range.

I wish NV would hurry up and get some cards out to reviewers to put an end to speculation.

If anyone can read Chinese I would be interested to know what it says in brackets where the clock speed for the Titan should be, another inconsistancy.

I think the chart was a prediction and nothing more. The article I posted was a good read and makes good sense.

Caporegime
OP
The whole article seems to be guesswork based on what they already know about the K20X, as you say though still an interesting read.

Guesswork is all we have to go on until Nvidia release some hard data. I wish there was something 'set in stone', just so I have a heads up of what to do personaly. :(

Back
Top Bottom