Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29th, 2024

Soldato
If you love the Ghostbusters you will love this movie!! Very good.
I like the first two films mainly cos of the cast only, then the plots. All other gb stuff is meh, tho i liked the real ghostbusters cartoon a lot as a kid.

Wonder if i should bother watching the new one even tho i dont like the cast much in it from the last film. Is it even set in new york again? If not ill not bother.

Soldato
I like the first two films mainly cos of the cast only, then the plots. All other gb stuff is meh, tho i liked the real ghostbusters cartoon a lot as a kid.

Wonder if i should bother watching the new one even tho i dont like the cast much in it from the last film. Is it even set in new york again? If not ill not bother.
Yes its set in NYC and the Firehouse.

Caporegime
wK6hgju.png

Dan Aykroyd suddenly after 3 movies decides he wants to use the wand as a lefty, and it couldn't look more awkward. Rear grip pushed into left shoulder like a butt stock, and left hand along the side to operate the fire button. :D

Soldato
Thought it was ok - probably better than Afterlife. They need to bin the OG characters though as they are far too old (Murray) or comes across as a bit of a **** (Hudson) or pointless (Potts) - maybe keep Ackroyd in the shop for an exposition cameo. At least they didnt bring ghost Spengler back.

The bloke playing the mayor was obviously in it as call back to the originals but would give Biden a run for his money in the doddery stakes lol.

Soldato
Thought it was ok - probably better than Afterlife. They need to bin the OG characters though as they are far too old (Murray) or comes across as a bit of a **** (Hudson) or pointless (Potts) - maybe keep Ackroyd in the shop for an exposition cameo. At least they didnt bring ghost Spengler back.

The bloke playing the mayor was obviously in it as call back to the originals but would give Biden a run for his money in the doddery stakes lol.
They were never going to bring Egons ghost back again. His spirit moved on at end of Afterlife.

I think the next one would leave out the OGs completely no need for them now. Torch passed to Spenglers.

Soldato
They were never going to bring Egons ghost back again. His spirit moved on at end of Afterlife.

I think the next one would leave out the OGs completely no need for them now. Torch passed to Spenglers.

They should ditch the other 2 kids from the last one as it didn't really make sense why they were there particularly as neither of them can be boyfriend / girlfriend material for the main characters now lol.

Also the casting of James Acaster was just bizarre - he's a comedian not an actor so why give him a totally straight role - also an English accent amongst so many American ones makes a wooden actor sound even more so.

Don
They should ditch the other 2 kids from the last one as it didn't really make sense why they were there particularly as neither of them can be boyfriend / girlfriend material for the main characters now lol.

Also the casting of James Acaster was just bizarre - he's a comedian not an actor so why give him a totally straight role - also an English accent amongst so many American ones makes a wooden actor sound even more so.
When I saw he had been cast, I thought this was going to be awful, but good to know he's playing a straight role :cry:

Soldato
I quite enjoyed it and thought it was the best of the 3 modern GB movies.

Too many goofy scenes for my liking and they could have made the firemaster way more kickass and have a much better final battle.

Soldato
$61m total worldwide for the first weekend. As mentioned above, the first week is a mix of mostly fans and some normies, after the first week it'll be mostly just the normies left so I'm expecting a big drop off (60%+).

Caporegime
I quite enjoyed it and thought it was the best of the 3 modern GB movies.

Too many goofy scenes for my liking and they could have made the firemaster way more kickass and have a much better final battle.

More actual ghost busting would have been nice too, instead we got a recycled muncher bust from afterlife with a new trap for Hasbro to make into a toy, and it was right at the start of the movie. Its weird to think than in 40 years the only time that we've seen them get a call, go out, investigate, find and trap the ghost is in 1984, it's not been done since. And no ATC doesn't count as thats a different continuity to this one. :o

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Same I like to see them take on more cases from start to finish. I guess there is only so much time in the movie.

Last edited:
Associate
It was above average 6/10, the cameos felt forced and mostly pointless.

The ending was both weak and rushed. I think 1 person died in the whole movie after the opening scene, so not a lot of "end of the world"

Soldato
More actual ghost busting would have been nice too, instead we got a recycled muncher bust from afterlife with a new trap for Hasbro to make into a toy, and it was right at the start of the movie. Its weird to think than in 40 years the only time that we've seen them get a call, go out, investigate, find and trap the ghost is in 1984, it's not been done since. And no ATC doesn't count as thats a different continuity to this one. :o
They went out and caught many ghosts. The first two had montages of them on calls catching ghosts, though in one it was mostly after catching the ghosts we saw. It was 2 that showed them catching the most. There was the runner ghost, the jewellery shop ghost, Scoleri brothers

Caporegime
They went out and caught many ghosts. The first two had montages of them on calls catching ghosts, though in one it was mostly after catching the ghosts we saw. It was 2 that showed them catching the most. There was the runner ghost, the jewellery shop ghost, Scoleri brothers

I’m referring to actually trapping ghosts like in the slimer bust, getting the call, tracking the ghost down, using the wands to wrangle it and then get it trapped. That’s happened once in 40 years. There were opportunities to do that in this movie after Pheobe was benched and the rest went out on calls but they never went that direction with following the others on their calls. All we got in this was basically the muncher chase recycled in New York right at the start of the movie, and a new prop for hasbro to make and flog.

They’re obviously not going to show us multiple sequences of them getting a call and going out to do the job for star to finish, but only seeing it a single time in 40 years is odd considering the business is meant to be based around them taking and responding to calls. For me there was just too much of a waiting period in this movie, it was action right at the start, then having to wait almost 2 hours for anything resembling ghost busting to happen again.

Reactions: Kyo
Associate
went to watch this last night (note for context we get free cinema tickets via our health insurance)

and i fell to sleep for about 10 mins half way thru! never done that at the cinema before!

Back
Top Bottom